SUMMER,MAKING TIME 4 FUN/RELAXATION

by Tina 48 Replies latest jw friends

• jurs
    jurs

Hi Tina,
    i was one of those bad witnesses when it came to recreation. i LOVE skiing. i went one or two saturdays every month during the ski season !!! i never felt guilty about it because i was awed by the beauty of nature. a snow covered mountain is paradise to me.
    But that was really my only indulgence. now i take pleasure in reading a novel WITHOUT guilt !!!
    Above all i really enjoy Tuesday and Thursday evenings now.... even if i do nothing, i feel this great weight has been lifted that i don't HAVE to go to a meeting at night when i'm tired from working all day. funny how i have more energy on those nights now...
    jurs

• chipster
    chipster

hey tina!
    well, i'm going on a solo journey, a twelve day sabbatical, to explore the wilderness of montana , wyoming and colorado... plan to do some writing, some photography, and doing some introspective thinking and meditation.....
    praise the lord, no DC this summer, no quick builds, no hour quotas, no sheparding calls, no 8:30 am CBS with an obnoxious conductor that i, or the group couldn't stomach, followed by two hours of grueling door to door....sigh......life is good in the "now"...
    maybe i won't live forever on paradise on earth, so i better not miss the "now" moments of the 70 or eighty, if i'm mighty,(or lucky) years that i have here..LOL life is good today....

• jurs
    jurs

hey chipster,
    i'm from Montana and i now live in Colorado. your gonna Love it!!!!Head to the mountains and take a big deep breath of fresh air. the mountains in Colorado are rugged, majestic and strong. Montana is a more gentle beauty. Enjoy jurs

• Tina
    Tina

Hi jurs and chip!

Thanks for sharing! Both vacations sound great!! Yep There is so much beauty to appreciate right now, And life can be good! hugs,Tina

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey ((((Tina))), good topic

I too feel the relief from not having to prepare for the meetings, get dressed and drag two less than willing children along...
    In fact, my kids and I try to go out to breakfast on Sunday mornings...we'd like to start a new family tradition with this but unfortunately, we're all too lazy to get moving on Sunday morns!!

As for vacation plans, don't have a WHOLE lot planned....but the kids and I are going to Crystal River next week with Doug and Tracy and the boys for a few days of snorkeling, diving, and swimming with the manatees. Ahhhhhhh, can't wait!

Luv ya,
    Dana

"A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born."
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

Hi, Teejay! You wanted me to answer this, therefore I took the time to dig it up. Aren't I generous?

Have you ever gotten close ... to killing God, I mean?

Of course. I've beaten Xenogears once already, and I'm about six hours away from doing it again.

If you have had God under your spear, so to speak, DID you do it?

The game makes that relatively easy, 'cause this particular God is a mindless, cruel, selfish monster that would destroy humanity if it were allowed to keep living.

If you did, how did you sleep that night? Did He visit you in your dreams?

Easily, and no. In that order.

And if you're actually asking me about my relationship with the Christian God, my answers would be about the same.

*Rochelle.

---------
    "Most men complacently accept 'knowledge' as 'truth'. They are sheep, ruled by fear."
    -- Sydney Losstarot, "Vagrant Story."

• teejay
    teejay

So, Rochelle, (and oh, btw, yes, you are most generous. Thank you...)

You said:
    Of course. I've beaten Xenogears once already, and I'm about six hours away from doing it again.

Of course? You say "of course"? Is winning easy or are you just good? And, uh.... "six hours"? It takes six hours to play ONE game?

When I asked if you'd ever done the deed--killed God--you said:
    The game makes that relatively easy, 'cause this particular God is a mindless, cruel, selfish monster that would destroy humanity if it were allowed to keep living.

Hmmm... I think I've heard of this god...

Interesting.

peace,
    todd

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Hi Tina! Hope you're enjoying your summertime Sunday afternoon!
    I think that most JW's develop the ability to make a miserable time tolerable from spending so many countless hours in Field Service. Whatever we do for recreation, it is not the activity that is important. It is the simple fact that you and I are doing something for OURSELVES and our families to make US happy. As long as we realize that, even the lamest thing we do on our time off becomes special.
    So y'all have fun going online, playing cards, fishing and hunting, hitting the gun range, playing pool at the local bar, renting R-rated movies, skinnydipping, playing D&D, or just spending a day with a case of beer.
    mike.

Expect nothing and you will never be disappointed,

• Prisca
    Prisca

One thing I won't be doing this summer is sending threatening emails and blocking the receiver from making a reply.

Bit cowardly of the sender, don't you think, tina?

• Tina
    Tina

((((((((((dana,SUN,Bendr)))))))))))
    Thanks for the input! Yep whatever we do for ourselves to recoup is OK.
    Fascinating game there Sun! I;m gonna try it this summer.
    Ahhhhh water water water Dana,my thing too!
    Bender Well Said!! 'doing something to make us happy" . That's IT in a nutshell :>
    Im so glad everyone is looking forward to -guilt-free' fun things lol. It's gonna be a great summer! Luv to all,Tina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit