Ethical question here, what to do?

by Snapdragon 28 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jgnat
    jgnat

I say, do not share your information. Sit smug with the knowledge that he did not come out scot-free.

• mordenukboy
    mordenukboy

actually i was under state instruction to report a sisters child who was reported as, raped by a brother and sister while in their care. it mat not have been reported , seems something dicey went on i have to talk with the police about it. i just told everyone authorities, bethel, cong etc, social services, giving all the details i had. it was funny i was removed from the local cong, by the local committee without any information on the event being passed to bethel who were fine to me , while the local cong wasnt, funny that . trying to sort that out, youre not going to beleive this they also forbid people to get married. and run round your genitals policing them. thats been reported too everywhere . dont look at me.

• mordenukboy
    mordenukboy

just as another pint we are used to jehovahs catholics where i live. and we report them and will continue to do so.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Snapdragon thanksas Thunder says "right is right" and I am sick of animals(pedo's) being afforded the rights of humans

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Lady Lee, question for you, though: You gave a sharp NO. What are your thoughts behind that. You know more than you wrote, can I hear it? Other than the legal aspects, I mean. How would it affect the victims, in your experience?

Here is what you said originally

I know for a fact (having heard directly from the now-adult) a certain man molested at least 2 children in the the 1970's. Of course at the time this wasn't discussed and the creepo has gotten off virtually scott free.

So you have it from reliable sources that this guy is a perpetrator.

I just found out some interesting medical information on him and was wondering if this should be shared with his victims.

The info is "interesting" - not life threatening - just interesting

Of course this is hypothetical, right, I work in the health care profession and am bound by law not to divulge personal medical history.

Follow the law at all times

That being said: the information of this guy doesn't have a lick to do with the past. Its just interesting. It's along the lines of "what goes around comes around", "karma"....that kind of thing. Again, it has nothing to do with the past, I'm just thinking the victims might be pleased.

This is the clincher for me. The info has no bearing on his victims - none at all. it is just "interesting"

So basically what you are saying is that it boils down to gossip and you wonder if you could spead it around. True or not it still boils down to gossip.

My answer is still an emphatic NO

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I'm with the "no"'s here. It's just not right. Everybody, regardless of their past, has a right to privacy.

Plus, something like this could blow up in your face.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Spreading that information could bring bad "karma" back to you. I would say no to your question. If the victims were meant to know about it, they will find out on their own.

Devon

• avishai
    avishai
    Spreading that information could bring bad "karma" back to you

Karma is a bullshit concept used by upper caste indians to keep their lower caste brethren down.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    How would it affect the victims

Forgive me, as you directed this question toward Lady Lee, but have you considered the possibility that the victims have not come forward for their own reasons? It is possible that they are not ready to deal with what happened to them. It is also possible that they have been in therapy, have come out the other side of recovery and decided to move on. You yourself say that the information you possess has no bearing on these victims, therefore it is possible that this information could be harmful to them in ways you may not be aware.

Right is right, but it is not always as clear as we might think at first glance. Since you are admittedly on the periphery of this situation I really do feel it would be best for you to stay out and let those involved make their own choices.

• shamus
    shamus

I actually feel good knowing that this person has some bad karma going for him/her. Warm and fuzzy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit