Ghosts and Haunted Places

by desib77 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

CG, wouldn't it be a hoot to have an ex-JW ghost hunting group? Too bad our we're all spread out through the world!

Maybe we can plan a ghost hunt/apostate-fest in New Orleans!

GH

• neverthere
    neverthere

Faye, as I was brought up to believe is the ability to see ghosts, have esp and read fortunes, all things I can do, I also have "visions" and dreams of the future. This comes down through my mother's side, her parents met at a spiritualists meeting in Scotland. I have had lots happen, been involved in contacting the dead and hosting a spirit once.

Diana

• neverthere
    neverthere

PS> I do realize that this will make me sound like a kook to some people!

Diana

• Xena
    Xena
    Maybe we can plan a ghost hunt/apostate-fest in New Orleans!

That sounds like fun

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Neverthere,

Nope. Don't sound like a kook to me! If you would like to PM me, I'd love to hear from you.

GH

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I was raised around "odd phenomena" due to my mother and grandmother. I had a few "gifts" as a child but didn't develop them any further. When I became a JW I was taught to view ALL of this as something evil, of course.

I had always been more than interested in book and subjects about a lot of things like this---UFO, the paranormal, ghosts and spirits, Native American beliefs, etc but didn't look at them until I left the JWs. I have a lot to catch up on to my heart's content.

I didn't know what Faye meant either and was going to PM you and ask-----my grandmother used to tell me that she was born with a caul.....but I never really understood what that was all about either.

I will be checking out the websites that CG mentioned----just last week I found one called "Paraseek.com" that I haven't had the time to "get into" yet---but I will,LOL!

There's another site, I think it was called Ghostwatch, or something like that, where a woman named June has an apartment in in NY and has cameras up all over the place. I've seen some VERY strange stuff on that site!!!! I'll have to go look for it and put the link down on here.

I LOVE threads like this!!!!!

hugs,

Annie

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Annie,

Paraseek is a good one too. I think we're linked to that one as well. As I recall, someone being born with a caul means that they have psychic abilities. That may be an old wives tail, but I've heard it many times.

Where are you in NY? We used to live in the Ballston Spa/Saratoga Springs area.

GH

• desib77
    desib77

Wow, this thread has gotten long....I can't wait to read through it.

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Desib,

How close are you to New Orleans? I absolutely fell in love with NO when I was down there last summer. I can't wait to go back. Just need to convince the "other half" to go! He hates the hot and humid stuff.

GH

• desib77
    desib77
    Desib,

How close are you to New Orleans? I absolutely fell in love with NO when I was down there last summer. I can't wait to go back. Just need to convince the "other half" to go! He hates the hot and humid stuff.

Hi GH. We are actually about 5-6 hrs. from New Orleans. We are in Shreveport. I love it, too, though. We are hoping to take a trip there within the next year or so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit