Ghosts and Haunted Places

by desib77 43 Replies latest jw friends

• desib77
    desib77

I'm really curious about this subject. I guess I still tend to think anything strange that happens is demons. Now that I'm trying to be open about other possibilities I'm curious.

Have you had any experiences with ghosts or haunted places? If so, did it feel harmless or evil? If you haven't, how do you feel about them? Would it scare you to stay in a haunted hotel?

Someone told me, I think it was Sirona, that hauntings are just an energy or something going through the same motions. (I'll have to go back to that thread to see exactly how she put it.) I wonder how that fits in with stories of ghosts writing messages like "help" on mirrors. Are they attempting to communicate?

Any thoughts on this subject?

• desib77
    desib77
    Hauntings most often are caused by energy which hasn't dissipated, perhaps it has been "imprinted" in a place. This might result in seeing clouds or hearing noises. You might even see a person - a "ghost" - but that person just repeats the same actions without noticing anyone around it. It is thought that such appartitions are not actually conscious beings, rather they're just energy of a being who used to be there which is somehow replaying.

This is the quote from Sirona that I was looking for. I guess I just wonder how this ties in with stories of ghosts asking for help. Was this something they had done at one time before they were killed?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    Any thoughts on this subject?

I believe ghosts are figments of one's imagination/delusion.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I recently got a very insightful pm that explained it to me.

But i need to ask if its ok to post it..

• doogie
    doogie
    figments of one's imagination/delusion

amen.

i don't believe in ghosts or demons (jury is still out on dracula...fingers crossed). if you believe in god and creation think about this: he created a scientifically and mathematically perfect universe. everything is explainable and follows the laws of nature in every instance. there are no exceptions. to believe in an unseen "realm" that is completely unbound by the laws of nature contradicts everything in creation. if you don't believe in god, then why the heck would you believe in ghosts or demons?

i don't believe in any of that jive. there's a book i read and in it the dude wants desperately to see a ghost or zombie or anything because it would be proof that there's something beyond this life. he said he would have the biggest smile while the zombie ate his brains. he could die happy.

ghosts are just wishful thinking.

• desib77
    desib77
    he said he would have the biggest smile while the zombie ate his brains.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Let's put it *this* way: While I am not sure if ghosts exist (as classified as GHOSTS), I do believe there is some sort of energy that we, at the present, don't understand and cannot qualify with scientific evidence, but someday may have the technology to do so. I look at it like this: people at one time thought the world was flat, moon-walking was the stuff of science fiction, levitation was considered impossible, and *forget* about sending waves through the air to make pictures on a screen. All of these things have since come into our realm of understanding and technology.

I think we, as humans, are born with an innate sense of intuition, and that this can be honed to a sharp degree and can be used to spur other energies to take form. Energy, at this time, is thought not to ever to dissipate, it just takes another form. They may be changing their views on this, but this is my understanding from my physics husband.. hehehe. Maybe every being that dies leaves a bit of his/her living energy on the earth in some shape or form, but that it is so weak that it needs something to feed off of to be brought back to life, in essence. I've heard of residual hauntings, where some sort of "imprint" of the energy from a battle, or person, or whatever, is left upon the canvas that is a location, and that somewhat intriques me. I just don't know. I do try to keep an open mind about it.

I love to go on ghost hunts, and while I've never seen an apparition just materialize in front of me, several strange things have happened that I couldn't explain. There might be *some* explanation that is natural, but I don't know what it is, and believe me I always lean to the side of a physical cause. I try to go on hunts with people who are knowledgable about science, and with very strict rules during the hunt. Most ghost hunting groups aren't very professional (but they're still fun!), and getting into one that has all the equipment and knowledge necessary to perform a scientific (er.. as close as one can get) hunt is somewhat hard to get into as these groups tend to remain small and not open to taking new members after a limit is reached (usually of about 6).

While I am not frightened anymore of ghost hunting, I still love the the feel of the little shiver that goes up my spine when my hair stands on end. I don't know what this means, but usually we get some good "mist" or "orb" shots when that happens. Even if people think it's delusional, or whatever, that doesn't make any difference to me because they have their beliefs and I have mine. Even my own husband thinks I am a nut-job.. but that's okay.. I always have fun! I am just open to the possibilities.

Here is an interesting photo I found the other day:

For some great information (that will keep you pretty busy), investigation stories, photos, electronic tapings of spirts, videos, see the following sites:

www.ghoststudy.com

www.theshadowlands.com

www.millersparanormalresearch.com

Cheers!

Country Girl

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

P.S. Perhaps we should start an XJW Ghost Hunting club and look for all those demons they told us about~!

Country Girl BOooooOOOOOo!

• Mary
    Mary

Guess I'm in the minority here..........I still believe there is a Satan and I believe he's got a horde of demons. I've never had any encounter with a ghost but a friend and her husband, former Dubs, have. Their home is haunted. Weird stuff has happened. Their son couldn't sleep one night and he saw an old man hovering over his bed and then float through the wall and disappear. They hear footsteps coming up the stairs and stop just outside their bedroom door all the time in the middle of the night. One day they were sitting watching TV and the damn phone which was sitting on a table in the hallway just flew off and landed near the stairs. Even so, her husband didn't think too much of it until one day when he came home from work and he heard his daughter yell down from upstairs "Hi Dad!". When he asked her how her day was, there was no response so he went up and no one was there. A few minutes later she called him on the phone to see if he could come pick her up.

It is thought that such appartitions are not actually conscious beings, rather they're just energy of a being who used to be there which is somehow replaying

This is an interesting idea and could explain alot of supernatural sightings, but it doesn't explain about when furniture flies across the room, doors slam or when people hear things that aren't there..............

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i think sirona's explanation is just one particular type of haunting. another is where a spirit is grounded to a particular place. and another is where a spirit comes i visitation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit