A womans tears

by Maverick 131 Replies latest social relationships

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

*Standing here awkwardly not knowing what to do*

BECAUSE YOU GUYS...er...GALS ARE JUST AS APT TO SAY "DON'T TOUCH ME!" WHEN A HUG IS ATTEMPTED

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

This is a beautiful song.....

When A Woman Cries

Songwriter: Joshua Kadison
    Artist: Joshua Kadison
    Album: Painted Desert Serenade (SBK Records

, 1993)

© 1991, 1992 Joshuasongs (BMI), Seymour Glass Songs (BMI), EMI/Blackwood Inc.

Jessie

Painted Desert Serenade

Beau's All Night Radio Love Line

Invisible Man

Mama's Arms

Beautiful In My Eyes

Picture Postcards From L.A.

When A Woman Cries

Georgia Rain

When a woman cries, when a woman cries,
    she can wash your world away.
    When storms fill her eyes, when storms fill her eyes,
    you never know just what to say.

Don't say a word, don't say anything.
    She don't need your truth or lies.
    Just hold her close and love her
    when a woman cries.

there is no sadder song.
    So you apologize, you apologize,
    even if you don't know what you've done wrong.

But if you really want to make her happy,
    to stop her sobbing and her sighs,
    just hold her close and love her
    when a woman cries.

Now don't you waste your time thinking
    'bout the right thing to say.
    Just put your arms around her
    'til the clouds roll away

she can tear your dreams apart.
    When storms fill her eyes, when storms fill her eyes,
    it can break a... break a man's heart.

And if you find that you are crying too,
    don't let it come as no surprise
    Just hold her close and love her
    when your woman cries.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    My wife does it when-ever we start to discuss where we are headed and even though she says she tries not to it pretty much ends the conversation.

Shotgun, your wife is feeling normal emotional upset over your relationship. As Sirona said, it is a normal need that has to be expressed, um, sort of like when something irritates your sinuses, you sneeze..........only this is an emotional irritant. She's sad.......I was too, even tho I knew my marriage had to end, I cried whenever we tried to talk about it.........or even thought about it, despite knowing it was probably for the best and we'd both be better in the long run.

Terri

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Indifference or ridicule (comments like here come the water works) at showing emotion just makes things worse and feel like a lack of caring, which would probably cause more upset.

Guaranteed to escalate my hurt and tears into indignation and extreme anger! LOL!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    We dont like people seeing that, even those closest to us, so the last thing we need is staring at.
    Just keep us away from ropes, guns, cliffs and car exhaust pipes.

Of course, occasionally we can be idiosyncratic, too, and need a good hug.
    We've been trained to avoid this, however, so it doesn't come easy.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't!!! And you guys think us women are hard to understand??? LOL!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

OMG!!! SHEILA!!! I LOVE HIM!!! I was going to find that very song earlier and post it! I have two of his CD's! I think he is soooo insightful.......like his song about the Invisible Man.......love that song! JOSHUA KADISON ROCKS!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Maaaaan, you ladies nailed it, all of it! I treasure my ability to cry. I suppressed it as a child, I lived with lost souls with nothing left to take care of my needs. I lost the ability to cry after my last husband beat my soul out of me. My new man husband is the first person that I am comfortable enough to be vulnerable with. Which means he sees lots of tears. Tears of gratefulness, sadness, and frustration.

When the woman I am with starts to tear up or cry I feel totally helpless and useless. This is one of the most dreaded situations I as a man can ever find myself in.

Yeah, I see my hubby's look of dread - "Oh no! Here we go again!" But I can't - won't hold back my release. I hold him close until his immaculate t-shirt is soaked in salty messy grief.

My older brother, the retired police chief, would get angry if a woman started to cry when he was writing her a ticket, he felt it was an act.

I would never do that.

Men how do you react and deal with a womans tears?

Sometimes he tries to head it off at the pass by cracking an innapropriate joke. I think he would rather I be mad and slap his butt, than cry.

Ladies, how do you want people to react to your tears?

Nobody sees my tears but my husband. I want him to be my rock and hold me. That is all. Talking is for later.

And ladies, how do you feel about a mans crying?

When I see him mist up in public, I say nothing. Later, in a private, intimate moment, I bring it up. Me, "You almost cried, there!" Him, "No I didn't!" If I am the reason, I lay low. Because if he is that upset, he is probably is hollering through his tears. We can talk later.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Maverick: I am sooo glad you posted this topic.

First of all......I am not someone to cry.............it will be the "last thing I do"....Thanks to my uncaring father who treated us girls like we were in "boot camp" and never once complimented us on anything!!! When we got unrightly punished we would "try to cry"...He would say: "Stop it or I will give you something to cry about"...

Thus, I could never cry. Instead, I got MAD.

I think getting mad is a worse way of expressing feelings. There is a reason we cry: to get rid of toxins in our bodies or negative feelings. Granted there are some women that use it as a "tool".....and that is wrong.....

In my relationship with my husband, I get mad....he RARELY sees me cry...I cry only when I am so upset and feel he doesn't "hear me".

Then he says: I would rather you cry, I can deal with the tears.

We have only been married 4 years....so I have had to tell him why I can't cry right away......I have to hold all my pain and fear inside of me because of my FATHER. Now I know I am not living with my father, but for 21 years I had to live that way. Then the next 20 years I had a cheating husband who again abused my emotional state.

When I do cry.........and that is still rare because of my FATHER........I just want to be held and told I am loved....and things will be "ok"...

Codeblue

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

SunnyGal: YES He rocks and Invisible Man is my FAVORITE of his songs...I feel like that so many times.

I am so lucky to have Thunder, I always have tried so hard to be strong for so long. He can sense when I need to cry and he will ask me to talk or share until I do...many times he says just the right thing more importantly he holds me, thru the lil tears that just slide down my cheeks to the times I have cried so hard I couldn't breathe...but somehow his arms around me makes me feel I am in a safe place to express that....There are times I have locked myself in my room so as not to make him sad for me. Lovingly he picks the lock climbs into bed and holds me......

• codeblue
    codeblue

Sheila: He sounds like such a "sweetie"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit