A womans tears

by Maverick 131 Replies latest social relationships

• Maverick
    Maverick

Sunnygal you're soo right....except them stupid Scots that is! What do you expect from fellers that wear skirts! Mav

• mordenukboy
    mordenukboy

i look at it this way, woman is a weaker beautiful vessel and shouldnt be hurt, if she cries it upsets me, and frankly i think its very endearing sometimes. it just proves shes a girl and simple tenderness dictates just cuddle her love her and kiss it better, but obviously sometimes some situations demand male grunt to put right so to speak, obviously i couldnt let her be injured if i knew it was dangerous or wrong to her, in any way. i just sort of respond on impulse instead of a rule book. otherwise that being insensible, with no feelings, it gets like that i couldnt stand it, going to a book to see how to hold someone sort of crushed everything. you know the song of solomon not to try to awaken or arouse love until it feels inclined. so those feelings are always spontaneous. i cant handle rulebooks over those feelings, so i never use them its terrible. just let ur feelings flow. at least i see it that way.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

------------>beginning to believe I may be invisible

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Mav:
    LOL

Sunny:
    S'ok, I was just curious what the "depreciating sideways glance" was about, t'is all

Btw, has anyone seen Sheila around here?
    One minute she was hanging, the next minute she disappeared.
    I'm kinda concerned, it being Friday 13th an' all.

• jwbot
    jwbot

mordenukboy : You are either a virgin or you just have no idea how women are and you need to get out more. You should not just assume men are logical and women are emotional...thats really not how it is with a LOT of people. Hows that for free choice?

grr. stupid red font. wtf.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    (Sunny glances deprecatingly sideways at LT) there are ALWAYS exceptions.

Just teasing you about your comments earlier about women not meaning what they say........and also saying that there are exceptions........there are women who do say things and not mean them just to play games with their partner.

Ter

• Maverick
    Maverick

jwbot, you took the words out of my mouth! Mr Mordenukboy has very quaint, sweet, and idealized concepts, but as a man that has been in many relationships, married for 15 years AND raising a daughter, (now 20) my reaction was ...."Say What?"

Sounds like a lot of the happy-crap the WTS feeds the flock! I have not met many, "weaker vessels"! When it comes to anything to do with relationships, men are neophytes!

If I live to be 200 I will still be at an elementary school level when it comes to the ladies! And I do my homework and never miss a class! Mav

• ballistic
    ballistic

Mav, one little point in the thread I picked up on was your comment that men are uncomfortable with other men crying, I disagree.

Recently, one of my best friends mother died, and the day after, his wife basically threw him out the house asking for a seperation.

(a bit of background here - my mate had insisted on seeing his mother on her death-bed who had disapproved of their marriage)

For weeks my mate showed no emotion through all this - to the extent you would think he was cold. Then finally it all came out sat here in my bedroom. And I just sat there and listened to him. It was such a relief, for me to see this emotion, god only knows how important it was for him to express this and get it out.

A very different perspective to yours.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Ballistic, your example is a valid one on the "male crying exception". As a concerned friend you saw that he needed to cry, you knew the circumstance involved. I was talking about a group of men who may be pals or workmates and know the crying guy, but not that well. Guys I hung with in construction, the gym, or gangs, would not deal with the wuss! When my dog died my Aussie buddy hung in there with me for three days. My gun toting pals would have capped me! Mav

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The weaker vessel stuff gives me a knee jerk reaction, too.
    I decided not to reply until I'd let a couple of hours pass.
    I'm gonna dismiss it, given what he's posted about his circumstances.

Ballistic, I think that's entirely appropriate, and being there for him is what being a true friend is about.
    I suspect that Mav is talking more about guys who whine about everything and always seem to be sobbing into their beer, instead of pulling themselves together.

Thanks for the clarification, Sunny. I wanted to be sure I'd taken it the right way

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit