EVIL LOUTION? Why do you still resist? Science doesn't work?

by Terry 95 Replies latest jw friends

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

evolution of life sounds pretty reasonable, however, not any more reasonable than creation of every single creature. if a mouse can evolutionize to a cat, there could also be that invisible guy who created both.

as to the origin of the universe... who initiated the big bang? where was the energy from? and if that invisible guy exists, where the heck is he from?

there are questions that one just cannot answer. i always have to laugh when "scientifics" tell us, "there are aproximately ... billion galaxies in this universe". yeah, right. and how did you count them when you don't even know where the universe starts and where it ends? and what does the end of the universe look like?

• JV
    JV

Ok, here is my two cents, so for evolution to happen you have to have genetic mutations, you have to have these mutations for a pre historic fish to turn into a reptile to turn into a bird, etc....... we'll what happens nowadays if you have a genetic mutation, lets say you or me have a few mutations in our DNA, we don't grow a third arm we get cancer, that's what cancer is, genetic mutation. I just have a hard time beleving in evolution, evolutionists take big liberties when they piece together their theory there are just to many chance things to have happend to believe in evolution, anyways, that's just my two cents take it for what it's worth

• El blanko
    El blanko

I'm in the "bit of both" camps myself.

This is a tired old debate - you believe what you want to believe. Neither are absolutely provable via objective reality and contemporary science.

Take a cursory glance at occult science and confuse the issue even further.

Does anybody on this thread actually believe in invisible entities or the miraculous?

• SYN
    SYN

Carmel, you should read the River out of Eden, by Richard Dawkins. He has some great theories on how things like eyes and wings evolved.

Essentially what he proposes is that evolution isn't an all-or-nothing proposition - changes and adaptations occur along statistical "ramps", with changes becoming greater as time goes on.

A good little book! Very interesting.

• SYN
    SYN

JV,

Do some more research. Evolution isn't something that happens in convenient little human-perceivable periods of time, like a few generations. Evolutions takes MILLIONS of years before visible changes occur.

And there are examples of genetic dimorphism in plants that have been observed in our time. There exists a new species of flower, I forget the name, that is very similiar indeed to another species of flower brought to the United States during the colonization of the west, that can no longer breed with the original English version of the flower. This stuff is all backed up by some very good research.

I don't see how anyone can argue with that, at least on a micro-evolutionary level. This is an invisible change in the plant's genes, but it does mean that an entirely new species now exists, that didn't exist a couple of centuries back. It's fascinating stuff! And it never fails to get Creationists excited

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I am in camp 1.

The argument "I have no scientific training and a tenuous grasp of modern evolutionary theory. I don't understand it, therefore it can't be true", just doesn't seem to be that convincing to me.

• Sirona
    Sirona

I am in camp 1 aswell.

The creation story is a myth which has a value, but shouldn't be taken anywhere near literally.

We see evidence of evolutionary processes and no evidence of the biblical creation account being fact.

BTW I also believe in God.

Sirona

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

you always talk about the bible creation story... there's not only the choice between evolution and bible.

there's the possibility of evolution.
    there's the possibility of creation, the bible version.
    there's the possibility of creation, NOT the bible version.
    there's even the possibility of a creator using evolution.
    or creators (plural).

there are probably even other philosophical (evolution-theory is nothing else) attempts to explain the origins of life/earth/universe/what not.

those are all possibilities. none is proven by facts. and evidence is the same for evolution as for creation.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Ok google,

I didn't mean to restrict it to the bible.

I believe that we are all One, so the universe evolves and so does God (God permeates everything that there is, including us). God is the ultimate source, IMO.

Sirona

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

yeah, sirona, that's another POSSIBLE theory ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit