I have JW's staying with me...help!

by Princess 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess

I have had my jw cousin and his wife and three children staying at my house since Sunday. I thought I'd just share a few experiences with you all.

My husband and I are marveling at the numerous compromises they have made since coming here to Washington state from Wisconsin. They are here to visit his disfellowshipped mother who has cancer. This is probably the last time he will see her. Since my cousin and his wife have little money, the couldn't afford a hotel so we offered to let them stay so they could visit his mom. She is such a dear woman and it meant the world to her to get to see her grandbabies one more time, so we decided we could suffer a week. We had no idea how awful these people could be.

First of all, they have never offered any expression of gratitude for being able to stay here for free. They just moved in and took over a major portion of our home. They eat whatever they want and never offer to help pay for or replace anything. This morning I decided to really try to be nice and I made breakfast for them. They never thanked me and left their dishes on the table for me to clean up. (They will eat cereal the rest of their stay) I'm just astounded that these "true christians" are treating us this way. The real kicker is his wife. She won't talk to us in our own home! She stays downstairs in the morning until I leave and then immediately goes downstairs when they come in at night. I don't know what to do with them. They are the rudest people I have ever met and it just stuns me to think that they believe I will be destroyed by God and they will get eternal life, but they can eat my food and take advantage of my hospitality as long as they are here.

I was thinking it would be really fun to write their PO and tell him they were at a party at my house with three disfellowshipped people, two lesbians and about thirty apostates. There were only four witnesses there and they were two of them.

Thanks for letting me rant, I'm getting good at it this week. They will be gone on Monday and the door is forever locked to them after that.

Princess

"...and they lived happily ever after."

• hippikon
    hippikon

Sounds like a great place. Can you let us know when they have gone so I can bring my family over to stay. What time is breakfast. I like like my Coffee white. Have you got cable?

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Damn Hippikon, I think you got dibs on the Princess Hotel Presidential Suite.
    @#@$@$@$#&*&*%$##!!!
    Maybe I can one-up ya. Heck, I will cook breakfast for all.
    Princess, btw....if you EVER have a cool party like that, lemme know, and I will bring the music featuring PRINCE in his glory days. LoL
    On a serious note tho, it reminds me of the time I allowed a CO to stay at my place during his visit. Mostly grunts and groans for convo, picky as can be. I vowed then-NEVER AGAIN!!!
    Yeah, so-called "true Christians" can be very rude.

Boozy

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Princess... may you have peace!

You sound like THE most loving hostess. A favor? Stay that way! Don't let 'those people' change you. If you open your door anyway, then open it anyway. You do what they can't... show love. And in doing so, it is your head upon which you heap 'blessings' and theirs upon which you heap 'fiery coals'.

So... "don't go changin', to try and please them...
    you never would have done before... you took the
    good times... so, take the bad times...
    I love you just the way you arrrreeeee..."

(Ewwww... that WAS 'corny', wasn't it?)

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

One way to assure they will never return.

Slip some apostate literature into their suit cases before they take off Monday.

• Sincere
    Sincere

Hi Princess

You should do what my wife does.

She simply says things like, "For breakfast tomorrow, I'll put out some bowls and cereal. Please help yourselves - and don't worry about packing the dishes away when you've washed them"

Or me (much more tactful) "Hey honey, that was a great meal, wasn't it? Would have done a restuarant proud! OK, who's washing up? You Mary? I'll dry - Hank, you pack away OK."

And so on and so forth. No freeloaders when we have guests. They either enjoy it better or they find somewhere else to go.

No seriously, don't try let your guests think they're at home - it's
    YOUR home, let them fit in or make alternative arrangements.

My two cents worth.

Be strong :-)
    Sincere

• messenger
    messenger

Oh man could you have fun with this, you know the biggest fear of jw's, demons..... here are a few suggestions:

1. Go buy a ouji board and leave it laying out where they can see it.
    2. Stick an eight ball under the covers where they are sleeping.
    On both accounts act like you did not know where they came from.
    3. Rent the exorcest video and leave it out where they can see it.
    4. At night drag a chain across the floor.
    5. In the middle of the night scream at the top of you lungs, let your family in on it and when they rush in all of you say what noise?
    6. Laugh histerically in the middle of the night.
    7. When they are eating breakfast, stop every few minutes and say, "Did you see that?" then say, "Oh nothing."
    8. Hide some of their luggage for a day and then put it back where it was.
    9. In the middle of a conversation look across the room and say firmly, "stop that" then continue your conversation.
    10. Wear a dead chicken's foot around you neck for one day.

Remember be very sweet and tell them how much it means to have them stay with you over and over again.

Hey they are messing with you, why not mess with them a little bit.

I wonder how long they would last.

• Prisca
    Prisca

11. Smurfs begin to start mysteriously appear in the guest room, one extra appearing each day.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Princess,

I think you need alot of help. Listen to the Witnesses.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Have your PC permanently logged on to this board. Don't forget to switch your screen saver off. And remember to keep your study door open at all times.

Better still, invite them to help you post.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"Truth persuades by teaching, but does not teach by persuading."
    TERTULLIAN, Adversus Valentinianos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit