NO! I am not sleeping w/ your JW husband!

by brwneyedgrl1 30 Replies latest jw friends

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I've been married 20 years and Thunder doesn't hug women he works for ...hell he has a hard time hugging anyone even if I am there. Men that can be trusted do not act like that.

Elsewhere has it dead on .....any man that talks or acts like that is wanting more.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sad situation.. i guess that 'sister' felt bad after you told her that, in effect, he had been 'Witnessing' to you..how commendable on his part!

But this guy is dangerous. Don't forget that his conduct is not the same as the 'World'. He is a witness and is supposed to observe the conventions of his faith, No touching the other sex, even in a friendly way, It is clear that he is chasing, and his wife knows it... Be firm with him.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Funny. That one should go down as a "don't" in the next KM. Sisters, don't check up on strange women known by brother touchy feely, they could be potential bible studies, and that wouldn't make for a good witness for jehovah, would it?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Kate:
    I've got to agree with you, and a few others, here.

I'm a REALLY tactile guy, but I'd never do anything more than touch an arm of a workmate (and I don't think that's just me being a stuffy Brit).

Hugs??
    I'll give them to friends, when we meet or part, but never from behind. That's just too personal.
    There's such a thing as personal space and respectful boundaries, surely?
    It's an unwrittten law!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Hugs??
    I'll give them to friends, when we meet or part, but never from behind. That's just too personal.

I agree. If a male coworker of mine tried to hug me from behind, he'd be getting a well-positioned heel in the groin!

• codeblue
    codeblue

I think you answered wisely by telling the truth.........

I also feel she has "trust" issues with her husband..........

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    C'mon. We're not all that bad. Yes, I agree, the guy in question probably has a "thing" for her, but not every guy that strikes up a conversation with a woman is hitting on her.

Of course, I'm thinking of my workplace. Everyone knows everyone, so it's not that odd for people to have personal convesations like that.

Agreed....

For a minute there I thought I'd opened up an Islamic Taliban board.

Since when does in the workplace talking not about business connote to something sexual?

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Men that can be trusted do not act like that.

Elsewhere has it dead on .....any man that talks or acts like that is wanting more.

Maybe most, but not all. My brother-in-law will come up behind me and hug me and also his female friends. He's just a very out going person and he has never had an affair on my sister. She has cheated on him before though (dumb blonde sister of mine. He is the best man I've ever met and she almost lost him over it. Thank God she did learn from her mistake).

Pat, though does things to get a rise out of people. Hell, he kissed me right on the mouth one day in front of everyone because he knew it would embarrass me. It did too. My whole family had a laugh over that because my face turned red as a beet.

I guess it's the intentions behind a persons hugging. If I trusted the person and knew they were just being friendly or joking around it wouldn't bother me but, as far as the man you work with, I think he was flirting to be honest with you. Be careful with that one.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    If a male coworker of mine tried to hug me from behind, he'd be getting a well-positioned heel in the groin!

Wow...are you a ballet dancer?

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Brown:

Yep, he's got a crush on you. No, you aren't clueless, obviously, but he is! He's a typical JW social misfit with no clue how to act in a business environment. Very unprofessional. Any man (especially one that is religious AND married) that would come up on a female co-worker and put his arms around her from behind is a total assa-hola, and should be chastized properly. He has no respect for himself, his marriage, nor respect for you and your boundaries. <gets out bull-whip and leathers> On top of it, if it makes you feel uncomfortable, tell him so. If he continues to act in this manner, go to his boss. This is sexual harassment in it's most basic form. I realize that you are trying to be kind and diplomatic, but doggon-it, tell him how you feel about him doing things like that. You don't have to be mean.

His wife seems to sense that he is wanting to wander or wandering, and in her desperation is looking for clues about just how *far* he has, or will, wander. Poor lady....

But that is a very strange thing to happen to anyone. Let us know what happens!

Country Thug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit