NO! I am not sleeping w/ your JW husband!

by brwneyedgrl1 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    her husband, within like the past couple months or so, has been really, err, friendly to me. i mean, he's nice and everything. but lately, he's been finding reasons to touch me. i was sick in the stomach at work on saturday and he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my stomach and i almost yakked. but he'll do that..like hug me from behind and think nothing of it. im a pretty trusting person..i like to think that people's intentions are good. it hadnt gotten to the point where i felt i needed to say something. (if he ever said anything sexual to me or anything like that then i definitely would). now, this really has me thinking. i dont know what to do. i dont know if im making a big deal out of nothing or what.

Maybe she DOES have reason to distrust him. I'm sorry. I'm a married woman. If a guy friend of mine at work had a sick tummy...the above is NOT something I'd ever do. I am VERY careful about how I am around men...especially when my husband is not there! I think you need to realize that people's intentions are NOT always good.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    so i was completely caught off guard when his wife called me today and asked me how i know her husband. im sure i sounded like a complete twit as i tried to explain how i knew him and why he had my number. i dont know if i convinced her or not. she kept saying what a good man her husband is and that she trusts him and blah blah blah. i told her that i was sorry that this worried her.

Yup... she trusts him allright... which is why she is calling and interrogating all of the unknown women in his little black book.

her husband, within like the past couple months or so, has been really, err, friendly to me. i mean, he's nice and everything. but lately, he's been finding reasons to touch me.

He is definitely hot for you but does not feel confident enough to tell you. Odds are he acts kinda "weird" around you and gives you "vibes" that make you uncomfortable. Don't be nice to him if you don't have to. Keep everything strictly business and avoid any casual conversations.

I'll teach you something about men that most women don't understand: If a man at work tries to talk to you about anything that is not business related, while not in a group, then he likely has a "thing" for you.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Okay brwneyed buy a clue!

was sick in the stomach at work on saturday and he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my stomach and i almost yakked. but he'll do that..like hug me from behind and think nothing of it. im a pretty trusting person..i like to think that people's intentions are good. it hadnt gotten to the point where i felt i needed to say something. (if he ever said anything sexual to me or anything like that then i definitely would). now, this really has me thinking. i dont know what to do. i dont know if im making a big deal out of nothing or what.

Maybe the guys here could enlighten you but IMHO happily married men would not hug another woman period, and even though he didn't say anything sexual to you..........his actions speak louder than words dear.

DY:

What an insecure woman she is!

DY

Well yes he is giving her plenty of reason to be insecure in her marriage to him, pahhhhleeeze! He sounds like a man on a mission and it ain't from Jehober!

brwneyed, tell him to buzz off and do it the next time he comes up behind you and gives you a hug, say it loud and clear for anyone to hear. You might even mention that his wife has been calling you and you want it to stop. Do them a favor! Hope ya got the balls, er ovaries to do it before it gets messy.

Kate (of the can't stand cheatin' class)

• desib77
    desib77

If she trusted him she wouldn't have called you......

You handled that well. I probably would have been irritated by her.

• brwneyedgrl1
    brwneyedgrl1

honestly guys, i dont want to make it sound like im an idiot and im not clueless. the thing is..at work, people generally get a long and there are a lot of really good friendships btw employees of the opposite sex. so it's not unusual for people to hug or anything like that. that's why im not quick to jump to conclusions about that sort of thing.

b/c this happened today though, i will keep my distance from him and say something to him next time he gets all touch-feely w/ me. im just not one to go 'balls out' on a person. i try to handle all situations delicately and i try to be diplomatic in my approach. thanks for your replies.

love, brwneyedgrl1

• Sassy
    Sassy

yeah, sounds like you handled yourself well to me..

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If I beat him up for you, will you let me rub up against ya?

• brwneyedgrl1
    brwneyedgrl1

Elsewhere: Oh dear.

• undercover
    undercover
    If a man at work tries to talk to you about anything that is not business related, while not in a group, then he likely has a "thing" for you.

C'mon. We're not all that bad. Yes, I agree, the guy in question probably has a "thing" for her, but not every guy that strikes up a conversation with a woman is hitting on her.

Of course, I'm thinking of my workplace. Everyone knows everyone, so it's not that odd for people to have personal convesations like that. I guess if you're in a large company and a guy that a girl doesn't really know keeps trying to get her attention it would probably mean more than just being friendly.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Just for arguments sake what would you have said if you were seeing him?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit