NO! I am not sleeping w/ your JW husband!

by brwneyedgrl1 30 Replies latest jw friends

• brwneyedgrl1
    brwneyedgrl1

yikes. i just got a phone call from a woman whose husband i work with. she found my number in his address book and was calling me to find out why.

well, this guy is a JW and about a year and half ago he came to my house..granted i was walking out of the house, down the steps, on my way to my car to go to class, and he stops me and starts talking to me. he recognizes me from work and introduces himself. ( i hadnt recalled ever seeing him) anyway, i told him i HAD TO GO TO CLASS and he kept talking to me!! that's besides the point. anyway, the class i was going to was a world religion class and we had to do a research paper on any religion of our choosing. i knew a fair bit of info about the JWs from dating one for a few years so i decided id do my paper on them. since i didnt want to ask my ex for any of his books or mags..i ended up asking my co-worker and he gave me a crapload of stuff for me to use. that was over a year ago.

so i was completely caught off guard when his wife called me today and asked me how i know her husband. im sure i sounded like a complete twit as i tried to explain how i knew him and why he had my number. i dont know if i convinced her or not. she kept saying what a good man her husband is and that she trusts him and blah blah blah. i told her that i was sorry that this worried her.

ugh, she wasnt rude to me or anything but ive never been in a situation like that before. talk about nerve-racking.

• kls
    kls

Sorry but i can't help but laugh at the situation. That must of been so weird and then you have the feeling that you did something wrong even thou you know you didn't do anything wrong. That is a situation i would not want.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I would have had fun with that!

Seriously tho you did good, and you are a good person considering you didnt owe her the time of day.

• Gopher
    Gopher

She found your name in HIS book. If she trusts him so much what is she doing thumbing through his book?

She says he is trustable and a good guy. If all this is true, why didn't she ask him how you knew him?

Maybe she didn't want to tell him that she was thumbing through his phone book.

There's a problem there, but the problem isn't you.

• doogie
    doogie

yeah...it sounds like she trusts him...

hasn't anyone told her about the need for subjection? she should respect her husband enough to stay out of his address book. besides, if he was cheating on her, it's probably her fault anyway.

c'mon, babe...read a watchtower!

• Special K
    Special K

Hi browneyedgirl..

That must have been a weird call to take.

Sounds like you explained your side of the story ..honest and truthfully to her. I'm glad that you just didn't hang up on her.

Seems like her jw husband is the one who probably didn't tell her anything about the name and phone number being in his wallet. sheesh!.. obviously a big communication gap between this husband and wife.

but from your post she sounded like a nice lady though. sounds like her husband may not be what one would call totally trustable..

Who knows?

certainly not me..

Special K

• avishai
    avishai
    she kept saying what a good man her husband is and that she trusts him and blah blah blah.

Suuuuuuuuurrrrrrrre. she trusts him

• doogie
    doogie

sorry...double post.

yeah, not real sure how that happened.

• brwneyedgrl1
    brwneyedgrl1

kls: after i got off the phone w/ her i was like 'did that really just happen?' so bizarre!

thanks stefanie! I felt bad for her.

the sad thing is guys........

her husband, within like the past couple months or so, has been really, err, friendly to me. i mean, he's nice and everything. but lately, he's been finding reasons to touch me. i was sick in the stomach at work on saturday and he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my stomach and i almost yakked. but he'll do that..like hug me from behind and think nothing of it. im a pretty trusting person..i like to think that people's intentions are good. it hadnt gotten to the point where i felt i needed to say something. (if he ever said anything sexual to me or anything like that then i definitely would). now, this really has me thinking. i dont know what to do. i dont know if im making a big deal out of nothing or what.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

What an insecure woman she is!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit