WT RESOLUTIONS what becomes of them??

by JT 39 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

i got an email the other day from an long time jw, in fact he was 13 at the 1958 convention in ny and polo grounds

we were talking about the org and he posed the question to me as well- i thought about it and i could not think of anything-

i have never heard -other than the name adoption resolution- any mention of any resolutions that we as jw adopted like in 1979, 1983 , etc

has anyone heard of a resolution being discussed more than 2 weeks after the district convention

i mean went to war with Iraq over UN Resolutions- what do jw do with thier Resolutions

thanks

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Nothing... it's just talk. BS.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I was 14 when I attended the 1958 New York assembly and there were resolutions at about every district assembly. I think a better question would be, What real thing happened as a result of the resolution?

I have an idea the effects of the resolutions were all invisible . . . . . sort of like the 1914 end of the world:-) GaryB

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

What about the resolutions from 1922-28 that were the fulfillment of the pouring out of the seven bowls in Revelation? Has anyone ever seen these reprinted in their entirety? They are fulfilled prophecies - they should be proudly and prominently posted in every Kingdom Hall, don't you think?

No Apologies

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin
    WT RESOLUTIONS what becomes of them??

They get recorded and latter when they revise their interpretation of the 7 trumpet blast of Revelation,,they can point to the resolutions and say see we fullfilled Revalation and we did even know it back at those district conventions.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Jt,

Somehow I think you already knew the answer.

Resolutions serve the task masters very well.......a way for them to inspire and promote a feeling of serious resolve.

Nothing more than another mind warping trick the Judge was a big one for resolving. He resolved to fight Christendom 'until hell freezes over', his stupid irritating sound cars roamed the streets of unsuspecting neighborhoods shouting out every which resolution he declared for the day.

It all started with the master of PT Barnum tactics, applied to religion. DEAR BROTHERS LET US RESOLVE................bulldust, bullspit, bullpucky, bulldip, bull, bull bull. Amen Amen Amen.

Your brother,

DannyBulldetector

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

This is something I've tried to follow up on for a long time. I've asked on different boards about this and never got an answer.

I don't even recall what they were about even though I was there when 3? of these resolutions were read!

(shrug) I guess they weren't terribly important, after all.......

hugs,

Annie

• JT
    JT

thanks for the thoughts folks and yes i agree it is as if they were part of the outline needed to walk folks up- you know all that hand clamping

smile

• observador
    observador

Oh, yes, those resolutions....!!!

I remember vividly the one when the Revelation book was released, declaring that Baby, the great, was a harlot and would go straight to destruction very very soon. Oh, this was in 1989, I think.

Oh, my goodness... (shaking head in disbelief)

I think they just help to wake the folks up.

Observador.

• minimus
    minimus

I agree with Frankie. These resolutions that no one remembers will fulfill a Bible prophecy---somehow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit