Walmart or Target?

by Stefanie 60 Replies latest jw friends

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

TARGET....'cause they use a Bullie in their ads. I used to raise them. They're great dogs...lotsa fun.

-BONEZZ

PS. Our Target is much cleaner than Wally World.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I love walmart. Yes it is crowded, but don't find the people offensive. maybe they are poorer(try going to the dollar store, then tell me what u think). but i don't think i have ever seen anyone dirty . I have had one run in with a manager. I was just giving him some feedback that they kept moving stuff around and i found it irrating, b/c i could never find the products i needed. he got irrate and defense and tired to get another customer to "side" with him. I had no one to complain to b/c he was the manager. So no more feedback for walmart. I have learned not to go shopping on saturdays however. it is too crowded. I just pick another day. I buy most of my clothes form online catlogs, ie chadwicks , La Redoute, and similar places. I am generally happy with the clothes and they have liberal return polices.I buy some clothes form walmat, there clothes are ok. I like the prices, i like the location, and we have a supercenter, so i can buy food there too. Generally speaking no one has ever been rude to me(except that one time) they have a nice variety of clothes(which target does not-not the one here in my town) they have a good selection of personal toliet items, and i do not care if they censor offensive things. I think a lot of the lawsuits are from people seeking to cash in on a popular chain.

target is ok, but I do not know how they stay in business here in my town, I see few shoppers ever in there. Kmart went out of business here too. The dollar stores are a hot item here. we have several in town. they are actually cheaper than walmart on a lot of items(cleaning supplies etc). they do not take credit cards, only checks or cash) U may think why would u ever need a credit card at the dollar store? well not all items are one dollar, and u can actually spend a fair amout of money there. (i buy a lot of the cleaning supplies there, they have the spanish products and they are always cheaper).

i aksed my doc once if he ever shopped those stores, and he said his wife liked target, or tar-J as the wealthy who are slumming call it.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Gotta give my vote to Target, for much the same reasons as others have cited. Walmarts are usually a mess, both product-wise and customer-wise. I feel like I need a shower when I leave the store.

I also am partial to Target simply because I am from Minnesota, their home state. But it was interesting when Walmart first came here. At the time Target had far fewer stores, especially in outstate Minnesota. There were probably less than a dozen Target stores outside the Twin Cities region, tops. As soon as Walmart came along, all of a sudden Target started popping up too. Who says competition is a bad thing?

No Apologies

• irishayes
    irishayes

"I remember one stupid employee was so rude. One of the kids was looking at a ball, and she told him he wasnt allowed to play with the toys. Actually she yelled at him. I thought it to be rude, becuase i was standing right next to him, and he wasnt playing with it, we were looking at it to purchase it, anyways we put the ball back and left all of our stuff in the cart at the toy department and left." OMG Stephanie, this happened to my kids, too! There must be a Wal-Mart DIRECTIVE that says "DON'T LET THE KIDS PLAY WITH THE BALLS!" Also, WHENEVER I ask someone for help at WalMart, they make NO effort to check on something, just give the standard line "if it's not on the shelf . . ." GRrrrrr! My vote is for Target!

Walmart exploits their employees, much as the WTBS exploits the dubs.

Target takes better care of its employees by not discriminating against women, paying for all hours worked, and a decent retirement package.

My vote is for Target.

• codeblue
    codeblue

I think Walmart does have cheaper prices....so for some things I will always go there.

But, Target........well, it has the kewlest home decorating stuff and a much nicer "presentation" than Walmart!!!

Codeblue

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I really like WalMart.....ANNNNNNDDD.....I ONLY shop during early morning hours.....therefore, employees are not grumpy, checkout lines are almost nonexistent....and the store isn't jammed with ppl.

Frannie B

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I will shop at WalMart only if I know exactly where I can grab what I'm looking for and then get out. The nearly constant pages for employees over the loudspeakers is completely distracting.

I much prefer Target. The environment is much calmer, and it is more relaxing to shop there. Target is pleasant to just walk around and browse for different items. For me, this is very much worth a few cents, or even a few dollars difference in the total price at the checkout.

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

Thats easy. Target - the stores are clean, the help is helpful, courteous, the shopping experience is pleasant.

Walmart is from the Devil. I am antiWalmart. I despise there horrible heavy handed tactics they use in working with suppliers, they are an arrogant, disgusting organization and I will never, ever step foot in a Walmart. I dont give a rats **s if the crap they sell (made in other countries) is 50 cheaper, I think it nis bad for the economy of this country. [removed]

• Terry
    Terry

Alas!

I'm stricken with anti-shopping phobia. When I enter a retail establishment I am instantly saddened. I think of Dawn of the Dead.

I worked in an Art Gallery in a mall for so long I thought I'd never escape.

The mallwalkers in early morning always creeped me out. They are there to exercise and that is a good thing. However, they don't move fast enough to jolt the metabolism of a fruitfly.

I'm a fast walker myself. Navigating through a mall is frustrating just as it is in a Target or Wal-Mart. The retail zombie drifts ever...so...slow......ly hither and thither that I get panic attacks.

Merchandise displays make me depressed. Stacks of useless plastic things, gaudy and overpriced, fill me with inertia.

I look at the vast see of fellow humans and can't help but be stricken with the feeling that all we do is eat french fries and gobble tv balderdash. The so-called "average" person has become less than a Greek statue and more of an amorphous life form. I sometime imagine them all with bookbags and Watchtowers and ask myself what would a Wal-Mart in Paradise look like?

Humanity only sizzles when it is alive with ideas and discussions, inventions and activities fresh with zeal for change and development and progress brought on by the work of busy hands. The passive shopper has become a mouth and a bowel and the response has been triggered by an advert in the daily newspaper next to the photo of an explosion in Iraq.

So, the bottom line is this. I avoid Target and Wal-Mart. I avoid the mall. I like zipping in just before closing at some small mom and pop establishment in a hit and run manuever that garners me the item of choice--snatch and grab and run. (Yes, I pause to pay).

I prefer local merchants over Target and Wal-Mart because those two monoliths have destroyed the face of regionalism, the identity of America. Wherever you go it now all looks the same!

It is an ugly face.

Terry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit