Love or respect, which do you want, are you settling for less?

by Maverick 21 Replies latest jw friends

• reboot
    reboot
    In the absents of solid proof, if such a thing is even possible, which has a higher value to you, love or respect? Do you feel you are settling if you say respect? Can you live without the personal belief that you are truly loved? Was the need to be loved a reason you got involved with the Dubs?

Regarding the society, one of the reasons I stayed so long was due to the respect I thought I was being shown.Later I realised it was'nt respect, but a veiled attempt to appear respectful.

Respect is extreemly important to me.All my friends are people that I respect and have so much love for..... but the love comes later..due to some things that happened to me in my past, respect is THE most important quality someone can show me.If I dont feel respected I feel vunerable and used and all the old feelings come flooding back and threaten to over whelm me.

after many years of being taken for granted by many people I now feel I have the right to ask people to prove their love for me by their actions toward me; showing me the same respect I give them .. ....or I walk.

I respect people that I dont necessarily love, but I could never love someone that I did'nt respect.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Hi, back for another round! LOL! I agree with the overlap theory Mav. However, I do want to say that because I love myself, I can, altho do not want to, live without the love of other people in my life. I agree that if I am going to have any kind of relationship, whether it be a friendship or a love relationship, it cannot be without respect from both people. It just can't happen without mutual respect.

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit