Love or respect, which do you want, are you settling for less?

by Maverick 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

Stinky Pantz, who was truly missed, brought out an interesting point in asking the question about who loves us. After thinking about her question for a while I felt I could not answer it at all. I know who I love and how I feel about certain ones in my life, but I can not say with any true belief how others really feel about me. Based on these ones actions I can say who treat me with respect and who does not. This "respect" I can determine to my own satisfaction at least, and I am OK with life in this context.

Now my questions; In the absents of solid proof, if such a thing is even possible, which has a higher value to you, love or respect? Do you feel you are settling if you say respect? Can you live without the personal belief that you are truly loved? Was the need to be loved a reason you got involved with the Dubs? Mav

• Sirona
    Sirona

Mav

Now my questions; In the absents of solid proof, if such a thing is even possible, which has a higher value to you, love or respect?

I think if you have true love you have respect with it.

Do you feel you are settling if you say respect?

Love is more important for the reason above.

Can you live without the personal belief that you are truly loved?

I could live with it, I believe, but it would be a sad existence. I guess I'd be going around trying to nurture love.

Was the need to be loved a reason you got involved with the Dubs? Mav

Yes, I think it was. I was only 12, but we'd moved and I lost my friends. I also had a pretty bad time at home around that time too.

Sirona

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Is it possible to have love without respect?

On that basis I'd say that love is the higher.

Edited to add:I might have settled for respect, given that over a decade of personal history is hard to give up.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

LT, i was just gonna ask the same question lol.

love wins everytime.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Thats what I said LOL

Pleasuredome...what the heck happened to your avatar?! You'd suit a Neo avatar much better

Sirona

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sirona:
    I think a Dr.Evil one would suit him better

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

sirona, yes i think it would too, but it's a little over used. i think someone else has it on this board too.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

yes i'm berift of ribs now LT.

• Sirona
    Sirona

PD, I know I know but this one looks a bit like you

Sorry Mav. I will shut up now about avatars.

Sirona

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

I reckon a healthy dollop of both is required - I wouldn't settle for either without the other...

btw... just noticed I'm a senior member now! Woohoo!!... or does that just mean that I'm an old pr*ck ???

answers on a postage stamp... be gentle!!

Bull!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit