If you had to change one thing you did while being a JW, what would it be?

by MelbaToast 28 Replies latest jw friends

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

I have seen so many stories here that invoke guilt and shame on innocents, What one important momyumental thing would you have changed if you had it to do over?

Mine would be not getting baptized.

• blondie
    blondie

Hey Melba, you took the best answer. Ditto for me.

Blondie

• Purza
    Purza
    Mine would be not getting baptized.

That is the thought that came to mind when I saw the topic. I was baptized at 15 -- I barely even knew how to wipe my a** -- let alone make a life long decision.

Purza

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

Yep, definitely not getting baptized.

• Preston
    Preston

I would of made more friends

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

MY MIND!!!

• bem
    bem

Ohiocowboy good answer! LOL

Not encouraged or influenced people in any way to accept it as "truth"(answer from me for question)

• Robdar
    Robdar

I would have gotten out sooner than I did.

Robyn

• TonyT
    TonyT

I never would have worn that green leisure suit to the meetings.

• glitter
    glitter

I was about eight my mum had been *really* upset by some of the holier-than-thou *idiots* at our bookstudy. When we got home she said to us "I want to leave."

Being a brainwashed and terrified faithful JW kid I burst into tears and begged her to change her mind so we wouldn't die at Armageddon - I think that was part of the reason she didn't leave - us putting guilt on her like that.

If I could have had that day again I would've a) had a hissyfit at the idiots at the bookstudy instead of just standing there crying, b) told her I refused to ever go back too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit