My Life in Jehovah's Service - VERY INTERESTING STORY

by Dogpatch 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Thanks to all for the kind words.

When I re-read my own life story I'm frankly apalled by how much time I wasted. But, there is nothing I can do about that now. What I can do is use the time I have now to create a better life for myself and my family without getting stuck in the flypaper of recriminations about the past.

That seems to be where all the Ex-JW's start and end.

T.

• Fleur
    Fleur

Terry, your writing is phenomenal. Thank you for reliving that all and the pain that goes with it for our benefit, it helped me even though I've been out for years now, and I know it will help lots of others teetering between the edge of the organization and what they fear is a long drop, but is in reality just another road and one that leads to freedom.

Thanks to Randy for posting this here I missed it somehow at freeminds.

hugs,

Esmeralda

• Terry
    Terry

Thank you Esmeralda. Very kind of you to say so.

Terry

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Wow Terry. Wow.

Your other piece that Randy referenced on the Governing Body was equally well done. I especially enjoyed the metaphor you used when 1914 didn't turn out to be The End after all:

"The collective noses of all those Witnesses throughout the decades who faithfully mouthed the words of their guides, the Governing Body, were rubbed in yet another change. New light!"

You have a bitterness, but it's aged nicely. Sort of flavor in an Italian dish that you taste but can't quite identify, keeping some other overpowering flavor at bay. Us new de-converts still have a raw bitterness, your writing gives me hope of a time when I won't be an ex-JW anymore, I'll just be a guy.

Dave

• Pole
    Pole

My favourite quote from one of Terry's pieces:

"People die for the Brooklyn whims and call it service to God! That is awful and unnecessary."

• Pole
    Pole

double post

• Terry
    Terry

I subscribe to GOOGLE ALERT and I'm always struck by the news snippets that demonstrate this ongoing saga of death in the name of FAITH.

When will it end? Not at Armageddon, that's for certain.

T.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Hello Terry.

Quentin

• Terry
    Terry
    Hello Terry.

Quentin

Howdy Quentin.

Do your friends call you Quincy?

T.

• Quentin
    Quentin

"Do your friends call you Quincy?"

Yes, right after I walk up and jerk handkerchiefs out of there front coat pockets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit