Scottish Festgoers...

by LittleToe 169 Replies latest members meetups

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The rainy season is any time between January and December, usually increasing in likelihood in April (hence the phrase "April Showers"). In Scotland it's worse!!!

In the Scottish Highlands you have an increased likelihood of blustery weather in late October, and a high chance of Gales in Jan/Feb.

Temperatures are often at their highest in July/Aug, peaking at around 80*. Roughly translated; bring a raincoat and a sweater or three...

My last-but-one car had aircon, but it broke through lack of use!!!

Honestly, you shouldn't come to Britain for the weather. Why do you think it's so green?

The air quality is pretty good, though, especially with all that lovely vegetation.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Honestly, you shouldn't come to Britain for the weather. Why do you think it's so green?

Hehehe, I like the rain and I love the green. And it smells won-der-ful!

I'll pack my gators.

Robyn

• Robdar
  • Simon
    Simon
    When is the rainy season? When I was in Wales in the summer of 2000, it rained the entire time. It wasn't until the minute that I crossed the English border that it stopped raining. It rained a lot in England too, btw.

Yes, that's Wales !

Re: the location, Glasgow is much handier for us (up the M6) and I think it's better if anyone is going to fly in 'cause it has an international airport (not sure about Edinburgh) but we need to organise things with the kids wherever and whenever it is so knowing when and where is the key thing.

• Valis
    Valis

Aye Glasgee is a fine city indeed! Although if you go to Edinburgh you could have scotsman give you the tour of the Royal Mile. Wishd I could be back with all of you again...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Simon:
    I'm going to make myself available for both of those dates, as I'm down there anyhow.
    Do you have a preference as to which you'd like to attend (or both, if you'd prefer )?

Thusfar the 4th looks like Glasgow and the 25th like Edinburgh. That's not set in stone though. I dont really want to do that until I have a better idea of numbers and preferences.
    Fortunately they're only an hour apart, so it shouldn't be critical.

Valis:It was a good trip

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I'll come if you send me a plane ticket.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I can't promise to make this fest, but I'll certainly try. My personal preference would be for Edinburgh on the 25th. However, I'm fairly flexible and as long as there's a comfortable pub to sleep in I'll be fine

• Sirona
    Sirona

I like the idea of Glasgow cos its easier for us. Its my birthday on the 14th too

Sirona

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

"So, let's take a vote on it. Do we stop the Irish w***** coming to the Fest?"
    ~looks around for fellow Scots~

Seems there's no objections - You're in, then
    B*st*rds, all of 'em!!!

What company do you suspect you'd fly with?
    I'm wondering if Robyn has checked that one for a direct flight to Edinburgh.

Sirona:
    Is that a vote for the 4th, then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit