I just confronted a car full of dubs in the preaching work!

by Atilla 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Atilla
    Atilla

Yep, just got back from getting my morning coffee and they were across the street from my house talking to a lady that I believe is turning into a return visit. I was frantically looking for the UN letter, found it and then approached the car as they were just getting back in. The old dub guy totally denied any UN involvement and went into the speal about why the UN and before that League of Nations was so bad. I said point blank, is this a lie on the UN website, is the UN lying? He said "yes", they can't be trusted. He did look through the UN pdf but refused to take it saying they had to get back to their important work, what a joke.

Oh, well, I totally blindsided them and I feel great, I could stay up for days with all the adrenaline I have now. Next time, I will go more slowly, but man was it fun seeing everyone's uncomfortable face in that car group. Also, I know the lady across the street, and you can bet I'm going to make my own return visit. Her grandchildren live with her, so I think I know just the point to bring up. But, wow, what a great, great day.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Atilla,

WOW you have some guts!

How can they deny the UN thing? I thought the WTS had admitted it?

Sirona

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

What a great witness you gave! Jehovah is smiling right now!

• Latte
    Latte

Atilla........

Her grandchildren live with her, so I think I know just the point to bring up.

You did good!

• Special K
    Special K

Special K (standing up and clapping hands) for Atilla.

Great Job!!! Excellent!!!

You were forthwright, not accusing any member of the car personally. You had factual information that you wanted them to account for.

did you go up and knock on their window. lol

You know, I really think alot of J.W.'s don't know about this UN thing.

Bet they ran off to the coffee shop to regroup..

Mind control is a scary thing when you look back and see yourself sitting in that car, and pounding on those doors. Ewwww.. Yikes, I used to be one of them..poor poor people.

Special K

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

WAy to go!! I'm so impressed!!

• Atilla
    Atilla

Oh, I think my doing this might get back to my parents. I think one of the guys I confronted is an elder and my parents only live like 45 minutes away, about 2 congregations over from the car loads congregation. I hope they do hear about it and that they appreciate that I'm not backing down not now, not ever.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Damn, I need to keep a few copies of those documents in my car too!

Here is a link to the UN letter on the UN web site for anyone who might want to print a copy:
    http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/watchtower.pdf

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Atilla,

I like your intention, but I'm not sure about your approach. When you talk to your neighbor, I hope you can calm down more. But I have to say that you are very brave, though.

• Mary
    Mary
    Also, I know the lady across the street, and you can bet I'm going to make my own return visit.

LMAO!! You should fill out your own Service Report and sent it in to the local King-dumb Hall:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Atilla

Month: August 2004

No. of Hours - Lots

Magazines - no WTs, but placed alot of flyers about the WTS's involvement with the United Nations.

Return Visits: My neighbour across the street who USED to be a Return Visit of JWs till I set her straight. Now she thinks you're all a bunch of doe-doe-birds

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit