Serena Williams: Jehovah's Witness

by Ron 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    How bout her slutty and revealing---oops---I meant immodest clothing and her famous strutting around with the US flag?

She's gotta draw the attention away from her hideous face................

• wednesday
    wednesday

her butt seems a tad large to me.but then agian, i'm a female.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Venus and Serena Williams as Jehovah's Witnesses

SYDNEY -- "Unstoppable Venus Williams laughed off the suggestion she had nothing left to achieve in tennis after adding an Olympic gold medal to her growing list of triumphs." [NBC Olympics.com]

The fact that Venus (and her sister Serena) are both active Jehovah's Witnesses participating in the Olympics has provoked an interesting reaction from the organization. None at all. So while many Witnesses cheer for Venus, they know deep in their hearts that they would be subject to judicial procedures for much lesser offenses. And when Venus stood on the podium to receive the gold medal to the tune of the American national anthem, she became a different kind of pioneer than to which we are accustomed.
    A usual matter of contention among Witnesses is whether the Williams sisters are actually Jehovah's Witnesses or not. Their mother certainly is one of us, and has been for years. The father certainly is not. (He often takes cigarrette breaks during the sister's matches.)

Based on Venus' and Serena's own words and actions, the answer is yes. She was asked in a recent interview what her involvement is with Jehovah's Witnesses.

quote:
    Venus Williams: Well, we believe -- it's just like tennis. You can't just go once a month and expect your game to be on top. You have to reiterate everything. We believe in good association, association with fellow Witnesses, not becoming too involved with people that don't have the same beliefs and same values that we do. We go to meetings three times a week. They encourage us. You learn there, you learn more, just continue learning until you get a better understanding of things. I guess you are aware that we do house-to-house witnessing. I can't do that at all because I'm on the road. Getting more popular, I don't know if I can go house-to-house. I'm thinking about that.

It is apparent that Venus is one of the best tennis players ever, and the best in the world today. That she is one of Jehovah's Witnesses makes that even more remarkable.

by Obed

Randy

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Other Black Celebs:

http://www.freeminds.org/african/african.htm

Net Soup!

Randy

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

How bout her slutty and revealing---oops---I meant immodest clothing and her famous strutting around with the US flag?

Mary : She's gotta draw the attention away from her hideous face................

I'm not very happy with her overbuilt body ... but she's cute to me ...
  • Sunspot
    Sunspot

**Did anyone see the picture of her sitting at some awards show, getting a lap dance from Jamie Foxx?? Well, well.........I think she needs her ass drug into the little room , dont you??

Nope.....didn't see that. The program I was watching cut it off with an announcement that it wasn't suitable for general viewing! I wondered just how proud here JW family and friends were when THAT was going across the screen?

PS---nice to see you back, Deedee!

hugs

Annie

• heathen
    heathen

Misconceptions ??????? LMAO these people complain about people having tailgate BBQs at the assembies because they don't want to look like those shameless football fans . give me a break ......

BTW --- I think it moved while looking at that picture .... She does have a body that don't quit .

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Where were the girls like that back in my old kingdom hall!?

• shera
    shera

LOL...whatever EH?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit