Did You Stay as a Witness Because You Needed a Social Life & "Friends"?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Recently Onacruse made a comment regarding why many JWs remain JWs. A lot of people look at religion as a way to get together and be social with one another. Let's face it, people need "friends". Were you one of those that stayed in the religion because you didn't want to lose your friends or your family?

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Min- how do you come up with all of these questions???

• minimus
    minimus

sheer brilliance and a will to live.

• blondie
    blondie

I left because I had no "friends" or social life as a JW. Freedom is nothing left to lose. The JWs made it easy for me to leave. I know now what real friends are and that a social life means not being afraid about people seeing that you have wine bottles in your kitchen and not having to move them to the bedroom.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, I know of people that keep them in the bedroom all the time!

• blondie
    blondie

silly min

• gumby
    gumby

I left because of the falsity of the group.....that's it.

Not braggin or anythin.....but I have no problem with finding or having friends, so that was never a factor for me. Even had I known the the "full impact" of the feeling of losing family and friends......I would have STILL left when I learned it was not the truth.

Gumbytruetoself

• Odrade
    Odrade

Wow Blondie! pretty much exactly what I was thinking when I read this question. I know there are plenty who feel this way, but it's always validating to hear it again.

O

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    Did You Stay as a Witness Because You Needed a Social Life & "Friends"?

No.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

No, but maybe I should have!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit