Drinking and driving? Would/have you ever done it?

by cyberguy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• lawrence
    lawrence

For years in Belize I would travel with maniacs who ALWAYS drank. No voyage would begin without a salute, a trip to the package store/bar, and a few down the hatches. A year and a half ago at Easter I was with a madman heading from Dangriga to Placencia with his 3 kids and a few locals when the driver almost rolled the Explorer at high speed. He was unphased after the upheaval and asked me to pass him the bottle - it was ten a.m. Same in Mexico, Jamaica, and the BWI. Yes, it is cultural. I'm amazed to see how many people in Ontario at lunchbreak throwing down shots and beers, whereas in the States it was once acceptable. Now U.S. HR generalists walk the halls and machine shop floors looking for counseling victims. "So how often do you drink Mr. Fleischman?"

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am ashamed to admit that I have driven after driving - I know quite a few elders also who do!!

• Soledad
    Soledad

drinking and getting drunk doesn't appeal to me. I like a beer or a white Russian, but I hardly ever drink more than 2 of any drink. never ever got behind the wheel (I dont own a car anyway).

OTOH, I have been in a car where the driver was drunk. never again!!

• zev
    zev

my feeling is, if your gonna drink, stay home and do it. that way you don't endanger yourself, or anyone elses life. my 2 cents

• shamus
    shamus

Now that link that Elsewhere posted is really cool! Here it is incase you're too lazy to click on it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit