Would You Go To A Seminar Exposing The Society's "Secrets"?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

The wound is too fresh..even being here sometimes ads salt to it, reading the stories of others.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I sure would go Minimus! That sounds great! I'm already going to something this summer, in October, but I'll check out this one too.

Thanks!

• Corvin
    Corvin

Yes, at this point in my life, I would definitely go to such a seminar. I need to strengthen my resolve to stand firm against the WTBTS and a seminar like that would help build my faith in me.

Corvin

• Mac
    Mac

Depends...

Will there be refreshments and a fire walk?

mac

• shamus
    shamus

I wouldn't go unless there was free Kool-Aid.

• GermanXJW
  • Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

No, definately not. These are put on by evangelical christian groups and I am DEFINATELY not interested in their "answer" to JWs. I think it's great that they offer this option to those so inclined, but in my mind it's like substituting one narcotic for another. But I want to make one thing clear since I do make comments like that, and that is, I would defend anyone's right to their belief system, I really strongly believe that there are multiple paths. So, my opinion is my own, nothing more or less.

Sherry

• minimus
    minimus

I also feel that it's great that such a conference and others like it are available to people.Those involved in the seminar are "not yet disfellowshipped anointed ones."

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

shamus that was the best laugh i've had in months LOL good one!

• sf
    sf

Here is the newspage with the Seminar info:

http://docbob1.home.comcast.net/news.htm

http://docbob1.home.comcast.net/

DocBob is a very good friend of mine as well. He stops in to chat occassionally in the jw chatroom on yahoo. He told me about this conference. If I'm not mistaken, 'UndauntedDanny' will be there too.

If I could be there, I most surely would be. Anything that expose the WTBookEmpire as a corrupt, deceptive organization, is a good thing...in my mindseye.

We did discuss videotaping it, or at least getting it audiotaped so as to put it up on the net. I hope that is still a great possibility.

Best wishes Bob in this endeavor.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit