Would You Go To A Seminar Exposing The Society's "Secrets"?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I heard that the last time these folks had a conference, the elders were parking their cars nearby---to see who was going in.

• JH
    JH

Yes I would go. I'd love to learn more about the dark side of the "truth" tm

• minimus
    minimus

JH---head toward Boston.

• minimus
    minimus

I was asked by those sponsoring this event if there would be anything in particular that YOU would like to see covered there.

• DocBob
    DocBob

Neon:

DocBob is a friend of mine, and he posts on this board from time to time. I don't believe he is putting on the seminar, but it is in his area. I also believe a lot of the material to be used at the seminar (in the way of physical displays etc) was shown at last year's "Witnesses Now for Jesus" conference. If so, it should be a pretty interesting seminar, especially for any who might attend who aren't as jaded to the Watchtower's dirt as all of us are. If I lived closer, I'd be there for sure.

sKally:

DocBob is a very good friend of mine as well. He stops in to chat occassionally in the jw chatroom on yahoo. He told me about this conference. If I'm not mistaken, 'UndauntedDanny' will be there too.

If I could be there, I most surely would be. Anything that expose the WTBookEmpire as a corrupt, deceptive organization, is a good thing...in my mindseye.

We did discuss videotaping it, or at least getting it audiotaped so as to put it up on the net. I hope that is still a great possibility. Best wishes

Bob in this endeavor.

Neon, sKally, thank you for your kind words. I'd love to see you both there.

I'm doing the part on mind control. I'll be covering some stuff from Steve Hassan's "Combatting Cult Mind Control", Lifton's 8 criteria of mind control and cognitive dissonance. Much of it is familiar ground for those who have been out of the org for a while. But the target audience for this is questioning and exiting JWs.

• minimus
    minimus

So----how did it go????

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I'd rather just see the highlights summary. Seriously I have little patience for a lengthy and detailed lecture on something I already know in brief and want nothing more to do with.

• minimus
    minimus

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit