bethel tour today. what a joke

by johnny cip 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Corvin
    Corvin

Johnny, I really gleaned() alot from your anecdote.

What a great story. Now I wanna go and check it out for myself. You did real good handling it the way you did.

next it's the waterfall shaped like a watchtower. i busted out laughing when he told me , the water would not flow over evenly, till they made it look like a wt.680 gallons a minute

Holy crap! A WT-shaped water fall? Smacks of idolatry to me. "All hale and bow down to the golden Watchtower!"

Best Regards,

Corvin

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

johnny, I wish I could have been on that tour, just to listen and watch the tour guide's face.

Blondie

I second that. Maybe you should train others to take Bethel and Farm tours. You can train them to ask the same kinds of questions and strike up the same kinds of conversations. Then maybe one by one you can start a movement among Bethelites. It could cause a shake up and then smaller population at Bethel. Seems to me like I recall something similar happening in the late 70s, early 80s.The name Ray Franz ring a bell?

Flyin'

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Thanks John...this was very interesting-- I learned a lot just reading this topic. That WT waterfall blows me away. How absolutely tacky and in poor taste.

• Poztate
    Poztate

Hi Johnny,

I feel sorry for that litttle fresh faced kid you picked on.He probally came from a third generation Dub family.He grew up in the "truth"? and he know that in only a matter of weeks or months at the most the big "A" will be here and no more worries.You may have caused him to THINK and we all know what can happen then....Up to know he only had to think....Obey orders...go out in service and...NO SPANKING THE MONKEY and you will be saved. DAMM what have done to that poor boy...

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

yes the watchtower waterfall , struck me as an idol. along with thier clock tower. i joked if the annointed wash their feet in the holy water. what really got me was , every door is locked. with some kind of electronic lock that uses a real key. if the power went off, due to a fire etc. i would think they would all be locked in. it's a wierd place, everyone walks around with a 3 mile smile. like their in some kind of spritual paradise. at least that's what they let the public see.. john

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

one other thing . when i left it was 12 noon . lunch time. there was some jw families on the tour. that were sitting on the grass in front of the lobby/parking lot having picnic lunch out of a cooler. just like in the wt books. you would think the wt could at least invite them to lunch . who knows how far these families drove to go on their pilgramage to mecca. what better spritual food could there be , than to eat with jehoover's bethel family. it would be a great wt pr move. then again i'm sure they have more to hide what really goes on at these dining rooms. they have to have 100 t.v. monitors on the walls there. i asked if jascarz still gets up and rants and raves before breakfast. and what time does mtv come on. john

• garybuss

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit