How many showers do you have per day.........?

by vitty 42 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

I put on a new pair of underpants every Sunday...does that count? LOL

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

So, when did people start taking daily baths anyway? Didn't they used to only bathe once a week or so?

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Two, one in the morning and one at night.

sometimes i will take one in the afternoon, if the mood strikes me..

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

* Steps in the shower with Stef *

Any area feeling particularly dirty and in need of attention?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I usually have 2 per day, but have ben known to take more, depending on what I have been doing.

I am VERY GLAD that I didn't live in the timeframe of the article below.

Apropos of "Smelling Sahibs learnt to bathe in India" by Manohar Malgonkar (April 5), British social history reveals how the English were averse to the idea of a daily bath. That is why they used perfumes and pomades to get rid of body odour.

Peter, the Hermit of the First Crusade, had "no water touch his body for forty years". Henry IV opined that those who had been conferred state honour should bathe once in a lifetime. Queen Elizabeth bathed only once a month while the Spanish Queen Isabella washed her body twice in her life. Louis XII imposed a ban on bathing.

Bathing was officially introduced in England by Eleanot of Castle. Surprisingly, the 1600-built Palace of Versailles does not contain a single bathroom! But, interestingly, Napoleon Bonaparte gifted a bath tub to Josephine.

SAYA, Shimla

II

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    Any area feeling particularly dirty and in need of attention?

Lower back could use a scrubby wubby..

Peter, the Hermit of the First Crusade, had "no water touch his body for forty years". Henry IV opined that those who had been conferred state honour should bathe once in a lifetime. Queen Elizabeth bathed only once a month while the Spanish Queen Isabella washed her body twice in her life. Louis XII imposed a ban on bathing.

Holy Crap!

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I bet there was some SERIOUS crotch rot going on then....

• doogie
    doogie

per day?!

jeez...i guess like .5 for me

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yikes!

I doubt many people were going down back then!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I ASK HOW PEOPLE HAD SEX BACK THEN <GAG GAG GAG> I could never survive being stinky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit