Would You Ever Become A "Bible Student" & Believe In Russell's Writings?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Since there have been so many recent threads on Charles Taze Russell, the 1st president of the Watch Tower Society, would you ever consider following that movement? Would you ever want to become a "Bible Student" and learn from the writings of Russell so that you could understand "divine truths"?

• Sirona
    Sirona

No.

• little witch
    little witch

Nope...Would rather live a life without purpose.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

No. IMO, same s**t, different pile

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think Russell had some deep psychological problems,, as evident in his written defense concerning his unloving treatment of his wife of 25 years(in which he remained celibate). He evidently thought of himself as of the highest moral behavior and that every thing he did was motivated by love,,even his outlandish treatment of his soulmate.

For this reason I would never ever want to follow such a pathetic delusional self exaulting slave driver for the Lord.

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah...what's up about the celibacy thing?? ......Was it because he had problems there??

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Min,

I don't know why Russell wouldn't love his wife intimately. Perhaps RR can give it a good spin.

I personally think anybody in good health that get married should have sex with their mate to make their bounds deeper because of the shared intimacy. To deliberatly get married and remain celibate has to be very very wierd,, and Chucky must have been very wierd. Then you have the destructive nature of repressed urges that must have cause nerosis in poor Chucky.

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

You mean joining the [propably would get deleted by mods] with [propably also would get deleted by mods] ideas?

No way!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

When pigs fly out my butt. er.. bats, that is. Simon, we need a flying pig graphic, dam*it!

Country Girl

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

the future is unwritten. I've been a lot of things. If I remain a buddhist, I doubt I would be able to juggle being that AND a biblestudent (too wierd a mix there). They BS'es interest me, but probably more in a hisorical what-if sort of way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit