Who here does NOT own a bible?

by unbeliever 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

I still have a couple of bibles, one was my mother's and has her name written in it by her own hand.

I think the bible has some interesting things to read, like Soloman's(spelled with an "a") since he could handle 700 wives and 300 hundred other screwing partners. WoW!

Ken P.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever
    I would think that most people unbeliever do not give a flying toss whether you own a Bible or not.

You would be correct in that assessment.

Do you make a habit of taking Bible-owning surveys or something?

Of course not but it has come up several times like yesterday. No need to get your panties in a wad because I would throw a bible in the trash. Chill out.

• dh
    dh

you never really own a bible, you just look after it for the next generation.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hmmm... I haven't seen one around my home for a long time... I don't think I own one and if I do it is lost in a storage box somewhere.

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Ok so most people on this thread CAN'T read.

I do NOT own a bible either unbeliever.

SD

• El blanko
    El blanko
    Chill out.

How can I when the weather is this stuffy?

• Balsam
    Balsam

I think one of the most gratifying things that happen this summer was my 16 year old son NWT bible burning. We had gone camping and my son wanted to cut be free of the WTS control and to be free mentally too. So he burned the bible he had been given at his baptism 3 years ago by his father. My two sons and I have come along ways in 3 years.

Out of our family of 5 my ex-husband is the only one who remains in it. Now if you think of this happening all over, the JW's have got to be decreasing for sure.

Balsam

• JAVA
    JAVA

I dated a Catholic girl in high shool who did not own a bible. I couldn't believe a person who believed in God, and attended church, didn't own a bible. At the time, I didn't understand how wise she was!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit