Who here does NOT own a bible?

by unbeliever 17 Replies latest jw friends

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

When people find out I don't own a bible they can barely believe it. My friend thinks I am the only person on the planet who does not own some type of bible. I don't think that is the case. lol

• shamus
    shamus

I own an old one...just haven't thrown it out yet. In fact, it's going in the trash right now. My NWT bible was thrown out a while ago.

The bible is just b.s.

• alien from earth
    alien from earth

i've got 3 bibles 1 russian 1spanish 1 german

problem is i can only read english!!! hee hee

maybe thats a good thing

alien

• unbeliever
    unbeliever
    In fact, it's going in the trash right now.

I can't think of a better place for that book.

• El blanko
    El blanko

ohhhh how radical we are throwing out Bibles ... - why not drop your old books off at a charity shop instead and put them to some use. I would think that most people unbeliever do not give a flying toss whether you own a Bible or not. Do you make a habit of taking Bible-owning surveys or something?

• Sirona
    Sirona

Unbeliever

I do own a few bibles. My favorite is a big old bible published in 1837, it is the oldest thing I own (older than my piano -made 1848, and my house - built 1898). I also have a few dubbie bibles.

Alien

i've got 3 bibles 1 russian 1spanish 1 german

problem is i can only read english!!! hee hee

LOL, but you fail to add that the spanish bible is mine!

Sirona

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I don't own "A" bible...I own 13 different translations of the bible.

• reboot
    reboot

I love all books, especially antiquarian ones, and would no more throw them out then thrown out my children....so I have all my old bibles-some from childhood Catholicism and methodist(ism ? )and the NWT for reference.I like to keep them although im no longer ' Christian' as they're part of my past and hold memories.

My favourite is a large family bible from the 1800's with the births marriages and deaths of my family in it.There are passages underlined and pages folded which is the reason I love old books and a link to the past.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I can see seven from where I am sitting + an Oxford University "Bible Illustrations" 1900 and a book about Babylon that Jehovah's Terrorist (my Dad) was going to throw out (Just had a quick check and it says Good old King Nebulizer destroyed Jerrie's Asylum in 587.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, if you own a computer and are on the internet, you are never far from a Bible translation online:

http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible

There are at least 18 here and you can look at a scripture simultaneously in all of them. Of course, not every translation is online, e.g., the Jerusalem Bible, an excellent one.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit