On Shunning

by Sunspot 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Balsam
    Balsam

I started attending meetings in 1971, and shunning was alive and well, and even more harsh than in later years. They actually had set times for people to live in a disfellowshipped state for set amounts of time. Like if a girl got pregnant outside of marriage she was start across the board disfellowshipped and shunned for a period of 4 years no less. There was no repentence to get out of it easier.

There was a young woman in the congregation we attended who was being shunned with her infant child. As a study I asked about it and thought it was cruel how no one would talk to her or even help her when her baby was crying. Once she was crying in the lobby she was so distressed with how she felt so cut off and I spoke to her. The wife of the fellow who studied with us began to help her with the baby so she could listen to the meetings. That satisfied me then shortly after that they change disfellowshipping so that if a person was repentent they could be reinstated sooner than the rescribed period. This girl was out for less than 2 years. She was so grateful. That was late 1972 when that happen. That is when they made the change in having overseers, and Elders rotate too.

Anyway little has changed. It is all dependent on men on God if there is one. It is just a bunch of men controling the rank and file followers.

Balsam

• garybuss
    garybuss

I didn't leave over the shunning doctrine or the 1914 date rhetoric. I was upset about the candy machine doctrine and the way it was enforced.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I didn't leave over the shunning doctrine or the 1914 date rhetoric. I was upset about the candy machine doctrine and the way it was enforced.

If Jehover says a coke machine is broke then the coke machine is broke!

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Gary, I have always been touched by the story of you trying to get your little kid some rainbow lifesavers at the assembly--seems like they were trying to take away the last little bit of joy in a little kids life--can see why this was a turning point for you Gary--I think on a deeper level it represents so many things that are so horribly wrong with the Org. I think you could make an interesting analogy out of it Man that one always makes me want to cry--really.,

The other thing that always screams out to me loud and clear when reading the posts and topics (and with my own situation from one congo to another) is how disorganized and not unified this Org is. The rules change from country to country--state to state and congo to congo. United in Worship--not.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

My disfellowshipping KANGAROO COURTS

a.k.a. GESTAPO TACTICS:

A few minutes, from my final judicial hearing.. Off To Work

A glossary of the watchtower's canon of ethics..Also known as; 'approved operating procedure' [ A.O.P.]

It's all about control the; Control Freaks with a Mean Streak!

Jehovahspeak=doublespeak. Carefully crafted cult rhetoric..JWessse..The articulator manipulators..

It's plain old: mealy mouthing, innuendo / deception / flim-flam / hoodwink / bamboozle / fraud / mind games / confidence game / blowing smoke and bluster / pushing your buttons....

Dumb and dumber,the "dumb-down take down".

Your foe feigns ignorance..This is a Theocratic warfare tactic, where after prayer to god..The elder sitting in judgement of you,LIES and asserts he doesn't have a clue about what you are talking about...Also known as, "selective alzheimers".

The notorious,"TWO WITNESS TAKEDOWN" this absurdity,is an over extension of; 2 Corn. 13:1....It is a subterfuge, ruse so the cult charlatans can selectively ignore evidence at their whim...

The ambush, surprise and swarm technique , a.k.a.'ambush journalism'.{perfected by Mike Wallace of 60 minutes}..This ploy is used by wolf pack predators to quarry their prey by confusion and isolation..This strong arm tactic is like the lions loud roar to 'unhinge' and intimidate their prey.

The above is also known as the ,"gang bang". or 3rd degree interrogation tactic.

The use of a ,'straw man' as the,'fall guy' to divert attention from the real issue at hand, and to try to erode an otherwise valid argument.This is a variation of the age old ,drawing of a red herring, diversionary tactic..

Stonewalling,,sandbagging,,foot dragging,,pigeonholing,,suppression of crucial evidence,under the guise of the ubiquitous ,'confidentiality clause'.

Threatbaiting ,which is to instill a presumptuous pretext of guilt,that you are a malefactor.Example:..."if you ever hit my mother, I will surely press charges against you.."

Malicious 3rd degree style interrogation tactics with abuse recriminations.

The following is an elder specialty:

This goodie must flow right down from the ivory tower legal whores. [ever wonder what elders learn when they go off to their exclusive elder seminars??} It's the, deflection "JEOPARDY GAME"!.

Framing false accusations in the form of a QUESTION..Example,"Brother Haszard we were "asked" if you were a faggot? When we were "asked" if you were a faggot.We said no!. Gossip

This sleazy tactic is a subterfuge to isolate them from court depositions.{so you can't actually pin them down on their say-so's.This is just a variation of the age old ,'loaded question' or rhetorical question..

Oh, and let's not omit the passive/aggressive good cop bad cop routine.

The legalese, AD HOMINEM attack {mud slinging]

Godlessness in the last days @ 2 timothy 3:1-9,described by St. Paul...

"But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days, people will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive,.....ungrateful, unholy, without love, unyielding, unforgiving, slanderous, without self control, brutal, not lovers of good, treacherous, rash, conceited,....'having a form of godliness but denying it's power'....Men who worm their way into your homes....swayed by all kinds of evil desires....men of depraved minds who reject the truth...

Golly,my gosh!..It sounds like, 'show time' at one of my elders meetings!

The flunky elders from the Rockland Massachusetts Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses Summer street Rockland Massachusetts USA. 02370 Tel.# ( 781) - 878 - 6773.

Click my profile for the names of the bastards,or visit : DANNY'S NEW BLOGSITE- JOIN IN!

ยป Theologically,Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult of Christianity.The oppressive organization does not represent historical, Biblical Christianity in any way. Sociologically, it is a destructive cult whose false teachings frequently result in spiritual and psychological abuse, as well as needless deaths. Watchtower Whistle Blower www.DannyHaszard.com

New! Get the latest news on jehovah's witnesses with Google News Alerts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit