The Time Travel Tale of John Titor -- Brilliant Internet Hoax?

by Country Girl 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

The year 2036!!!! Darn you mean still no "PARADISE" by then. Awww rats....

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

CALL THE SHERIFF!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

<bonks ConfusedJW with her stuffed sock monkey> No, you silly! The Intergalactic Sheriff!

Hmm... maybe that's where this guy was coming from, since the Paradise is supposed to get here in 2034, eh? He talks about everyone living in little villages and having to work for their part in the community, and there still being parts of the world that are off-limits due to pollution, radiation, etc.

Wouldn't that be great if time travel were possible in our lifetimes? I'd like to go back and "un-Witnessize" my family.

Country Girl

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Cool thing about Titor is that the hoax author gave a year to let everyone off the hook. In otherwords, if some sort of "Waco" type event doesnt occur by the end of 2004, its pretty obvious he was a prank.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Yeah, the guy had it all covered. He only travelled a few years because there were too many problems with travelling back more than 60 years, and this was his 2nd trip anyway (first one was 1975).

I didn't like his description of the world much because to me it didn't make sense. He was pretty adamant though that there would be an american civil war in 2005

Sirona

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Kudos to the guy though, he had a lot of people fooled.

Fooling fools is much easier than time travel it seems.

HS

• undercover
    undercover
    Another elaborate hoax is :

http://www.wingmakers.com/

Another one, though not as elaborate. Too many people have exposed them:

www.watchtower.org

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Fascinating...... I cant wait for the civil war this year. What a coincedence too, I just went to see the Director's Cut of Donnie Darko last night, which of course deals with a dillusional's belief in time travel.

Thanks for the link

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

The problem I have with his story is that if the US Capitol is moved to Omaha Nebraska, does this mean that Omaha wasn't a target in the "world war"? It should have been, it is the home of the US Strategic Air Command.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

No.. it just means that things will change. <covers herself>

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit