Who Is God?

by Den 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Den
    Den

Who Is God?

With all the Religions, Denominations, and Doctrines in our world it's hard to grasp onto the truth about who God is and what our purpose is for being here upon this Earth in this day...

There is only one true God. Not 3 - not 4 or more but 1... God has no starting point - God has no finality... He was, He is, and He is to come... He is the Alpha and Omega - the beginning and the end... He knew the day of the battle of Armageddon before the day He Majestically formed the stars and cast them into the Heavens...

God is Omni-Present... He is able to be all places at all times... He was in Heaven (God the Father) and on the Cross (God the Son)... God the Holy Spirit - within you and within me...

God is all Powerful and He is able to keep everything under His control (from the furthest star to the smallest sparrow (but not limited to) and everything in between)...

God is all Knowing... Sorry your not going to pull the wool over God's eyes... You can't Surprise Him or Fool Him... You can't Trick Him (although you might like to try) with anything that you can do in your life. "God" being all knowing looks at our lives as if We were looking across our dining room table.

A flat plain with the creation of Heaven and earth on one end of the table and eternity on the other end. He knows all things and there is nothing we can do or think that he doesn't see. Our lives are as an open book to God and He sees all our good and all our evil from the day we were born till the day that we die all at the same time.

God the Father is Spirit and we must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth... God the Son is the same God that walked with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden in the cool of the day... Who called out "Adam where are You" already knowing where he was and the circumstances of that day and what He would have to do in the future to redeem mankind.. Gods plan.. What a marvelous plan... Gods ways are not our ways... God knowing the end from the beginning knows what is best for you... You can trust Him in all things...

When God's appointed time had come Jesus (God the Son) was born of a virgin and came and dwelt among mankind. Walked the streets with them. lived with them one on one.... Felt their pain, hunger, trials and temptations... Then with a Love that only God could have had compassion on them...

The same God (Jesus) who made the Heavens with His spoken word ultimately paid for your sin (and Adam and Eves sin) on 2 pieces of wood using 3 nails and with a Love that has no beginning and has no end... Because of the cross Jesus (God) has been given all power and authority in heaven and in earth, not some authority but all authority (Sorry there is no vice president in Heaven)... "God" (Jesus) being all knowing and looking across time as we look across our dining room table saw Adam and Eve and all their children, and their children's children....

Not only did He see Adam and Eve and their lives but every person from Adam to this day and time that we live and to the end of time as we know it. Yes, Jesus (God) saw you and I as well upon that day... He saw our lives in it's entirety... All our thoughts, all our evil transgressions, all our sins... Then He paid for them all from Adam to the end of time as we know it - all at one time - with one sacrifice - His life upon the cross that day... That is a God that you can trust with your life my friend... What Knowledge - What Love..

We as human beings do not have this knowledge and we need to witness to each and every person that God places upon our heart because we don't know what our witness will be... The neighbor that you witness to today just might have the words to say in his witness to lead your lost family member to Jesus (You know "The one that won't listen to you today")...

We don't know but God does...As a born again - Blood bought child of the Living God it is essential that we use the witness (pick up the cross) that God has for us and walk the path that God has placed before us...

We can do so with total Faith, Confidence, and Knowledge that God is placing those steps ahead of us (preparing the way) each and every day of our lives because God already knows us inside and out... Don't limit God's witness in your life.... Follow Him not religion or doctrines...

If the lost people around you need to embrace your doctrine to get to Jesus - separate yourself from the doctrine because it has become a stumbling block - a barrier between the lost around you and the Savior that they so desperately need...

When you follow Doctrines it's easy to look at God through human eyes, and include our limitations and human frailties to how we see Him, but when you grasp the knowledge of who God really is you can see that Gods way's are not our ways. God is not limited by time or space as we are. God's word (the Bible) is true from cover to cover, but the bible is not all that God is...

God is so much more than our mortal mind can comprehend... God's Word (The Bible) was inspired by God - written by man - for man... The Bible is just the smallest fraction a "Taste" if you will of the wonderful wonders, mysteries, and knowledge of God... The bottom line is that we can't put God in a box... He is much much more than our human minds can imagine...

If you have God in a box today either through your personal thinking or through the man made doctrine that you follow - let Him out... You can't hold Him... Your only limiting your witness to the doctrine that you follow... Loose the ties that bind you and consider how truly Awesome - and All Powerful - and Majestic - and All knowing - and All Mighty that He truly is... He is the Great "I Am" - "Alpha and Omega" - "The Beginning and the End... There is simply none like Him - no not one..

God knows the day that you were to be born... God knows the day that you will die along with the circumstances of your death and God knows each and everyday in between... He knew you before you were born and every hair on your head is numbered. God knows every move your ever going to make before you make it.

Your life is already a open book before God from the beginning to the end... God has the foreknowledge of everytime you fail Him, stumble or fall... God knows everytime that you witness for Him before you witness...

We might be scorned, ridiculed, and persecuted... God only knows but we might be like the Apostle Paul someday and lay our heads down on a chop block because of our witness, but our witness will not return to God void if we walk the path He has placed before us... It might be years later but the seed that we planted - God sprouts up and it grows. The atheist that you witness to today could be a Great Prophet of tomorrow... We don't know but God does... All it takes is a touch of the Masters hand in their life...

It will be all worth while on that day when we stand before Jesus with our generation (our lot) on that Great Wide Plain and you take a look to your right and then to your left and see all the people that God placed in your life.... Your know "The ones He gave you the opportunity to witness to" as they stand beside you on that day...

As we stand with all the lots before us - Adam's lot - Abraham's lot - Ezekiel's lot - Daniel's lot - the lot of all the first century disciple's and Christian's who sacrificed their lives for the cause of Jesus (God), Think about it.... All the generations "Lots" from Adam to ours (the final generation)... It will all be worth while upon that day My Friend...

• God is a Spirit (John 4:24).
    • God is life (John 5:26).
    • God is self-existent (Exodus 3:14).
    • God is infinite (Psalms 145:3).
    • God is immutable (James 1:17).
    • God is truth (John 17:3).
    • God is love (1 John 4:8).
    • God is eternal (Psalms 90:2).
    • God is holy (1 Peter 1:16).
    • God is omnipresent (Psalms 139:8).
    • God is omniscient (Psalms 147:4-5).
    • God is omnipotent (Matthew 19:26).

God has your Blessings and answered Prayers prepared for you before you ask... After all has been said and done - in the final scheme of things "God knows you Heart"... God already knows everything that you?re ever going to do for Him and against Him all the days of your life...

Now that you know who God is... The Eternal question... Is He your God? Keep in mind that God already knows your heart and He knows what your going to do with Him today... Your not going to Trick Him, Fool Him, or Surprise Him...

It's as simple as ABC...

A. Admit that you?re a sinner... If you don't believe that you?re a sinner and that you have sinned against God you simply cannot be saved... Satan - the Great Deceiver - The father of Lies - old Sleuth foot will tell you that your alright and that your not doing anything wrong but when you lay your head on your pillow at night "You Know" that everything is not alright between you and your maker... Humm I wonder why they call him the Father of Lies... You know your a sinner... Dump Satan like the bad habit that he really is and admit that you are a sinner and that you have sinned against God...

B. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ with all your heart in faith knowing that He was born of a Virgin and lived a perfect life without sin. That He died upon the cross for your sins and in 3 days was supernaturally raised from the tomb in a glorified body and is knocking at your hearts door longing to come in...

C. Commit your life to Him. The big C for Christians is not Cancer but Commitment... There is no ceremony or saying that will replace true Commitment... Hell is expanding every day with Nicolaitan (fake) Christians who claim the Christian name through a ceremony - church - religion - or doctrine but are going through life for the free ride - riding in the back seat with their hands in their pockets or maybe even greed (some evangelist's qualify for this one but are really Wolf's in Sheep's clothing using the name of Jesus and getting filthy rich and famous in the process)... They are expecting Heaven at the end of their journey but...

Jesus Said in John chapter 10 verses 1-9-11-14

`Verily, Verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. I am the door: by Me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. I am the good shepard: the good shepard giveth His life for the sheep. I am the good shepard, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Jesus knows your heart my friend and when Jesus comes into your heart there is a change in your life... Old things are passed away behold all things are made new... When Jesus truly comes into your heart you will love Him and your going to want to tell other people about Him... Even the ones around you who are against you.

You know the ones.... The one who cheated or stole from you in that business deal... The one who lied about you and damaged your reputation. The one who attacked you and harmed you or your family member... Should All Be Forgiven? Forgiveness... Whew that's a tough one... Sticks to your crawl doesn't it? You can truly forgive but only though Jesus and His strength. If Jesus can forgive you - you can forgive the ones who transgress against you.

I believe in God's blessing today how about you. To receive God's blessing you have to be a blessing to the people around you regardless of who they are. You will not receive God's blessing with un-forgiveness in your heart. If you want to receive God's forgiveness in your life you have to forgive...

God's commandments are not negotiable... Love the Lord God with all your heart, mind, and soul and Love your neighbor as yourself...The people around you will know that you are a Christian by the way you show Love to your fellow man... You cannot Hate people and Love Jesus... (Hate the sin Love the sinner)... Sorry the Golden rule of Love your neighbor as your self is not negotiable...

Jesus said that He will be Lord of all or He will not be Lord at all... As a Christian - live and walk the path that God has prepared for you... Store up your Treasures in God's storehouse where the moth cannot eat and the thief cannot break in and steal... Pick up your Cross and follow Him and you shall have Treasures in Heaven ...(The souls that you have witnessed to)....

Who God is in my eyes... No College or Doctorate Degrees... Just an old Layman who Loves Jesus and has been touched by the Marvelous Agape Love and Gracious Forgiveness of God... That same Grace is for you today...
  • Den
  • seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Hello Den, and welcome to the forum, even though you are kind of talking "at" us rather than "with" us at the moment.

Thanks for your post, I know you're trying to help.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I think the bigger question is WHO IS DEN?

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

welcome by the way

• Satanus
    Satanus

I am god!

S

• Robdar
    Robdar

I was gonna lay into your post but decided to welcome you to the forum instead. There will be time later to pick this to pieces.

Welcome!

Robyn

• gumby
    gumby

I'm gonna welcome you to the forum and bash your post Welcome!

Now for the bashing part.

it's hard to grasp onto the truth about who God is and what our purpose is for being here upon this Earth in this day...

Actually you say this.....yet gave a complete discription of a God who nobody has seen who can testify about it. Your view is bible based which is one of many religious descriptions of god. Who's correct? Why is one more correct over another?

Basically and in all honesty.....God is whatever face man wants to make him be. I for one hope there is a caring creator......but I cannot prove it enough to claim there absolutely is one and describe him/her/it/them

Again.....nice of you to join us.....I'm only one of many screwballs here

Gumby

• onacruse
    onacruse

Den, your attempt to understand/define God is an exercise in futility.

Divide 1 by 0.

It's really that simple; and it's you that needs to look at yourself.

• JCanon
    JCanon
    Actually you say this.....yet gave a complete discription of a God who nobody has seen who can testify about it. Your view is bible based which is one of many religious descriptions of god. Who's correct? Why is one more correct over another?

Hi Gumby. This is not true. I have seen God.

That's right, after my "transmigration" experience, I had an interview with God, my Father, himself. Most of it was wiped from my memory so that I only remember part of it. Of course, you can't believe me but neither can you refute me. But anyway I'll give some of what I remember.

It was a "vision", of heaven. We were alone. But a huge tree. God has a "natural", perfectly smooth but big, like that black guy on Mod Squad!! So when you read in the Bible how some seeing visions of God say his "hair is like fine wool" that's what they are saying, they are describing the very smooth and round "natural" he has. It's not long flowing hair.

His demeanor is that of a scientist. Someone very intellictual. A professor. He's not slender, sort of on the large build side. He had a tunic with buttons made out of the same material as the tunic. He was very direct and matter-of-fact speaking. Of course, he had visited me before but I had not seen him personally and he had spoken to me, so it wasn't as though I was meeting him for the first time, only seeing him up close and in private. Obviously, after what happened that was one of the first perks one would suspect, an interview with God.

But I remember the first question I asked him and I felt so dumm (duhhhhhhhh!) but typical. I asked him: "How did you get here?" or something like that. You know. This is God! He just said in a very matter of fact way, as if not feeling necessary to explain: "I've always been here." Of course, I knew that already, so I felt dumb.

He looked about late 50's or early 60's in my estimation. The angels, like Satan, who looks beautiful and small like Brat Pitt, looks like he's about 22, as do the other angels. Christ looks around 30.

As far as personality traits go, he's engaging and gets excited about things. He's like to share and he likes to gamble...well, he likes to "bet", I don't know if it's much of a gamble since he knows already he can win. The situation with Job is an example. Satan challenged God about Job and God took him up on it. Satan lost, but still. If you want some clues about God's personality, read about him in the OT. That's just how he is.

God's complexion is copper toned as the Bible says.

He's dwarfed by his celestial chariot though. It's almost like it's really big and he's in a little seat at the controls. Something an "invertor" would create to ride in.

He's very meticulous though. You've read about in the OT how God descends into the Earth in some way. Well one day he came for my "session", which happened in the early morning hours when I would read certain passages of scriptures for special meaning. But the angels/holy spirit had me scrub down my porch and completely clean my place up.

But he's kind. You can get him to do things if you are persistent enough. I'm not like that. I just basically want to hide. I'm still amazed at some people like Moses who wanted to see him directly. I don't have that much nerve or curiosity. But God did it for him and showed him the afterglow of his spiritual beauty. So that's personal.

So anyway, some of us have personal experiences where God appears to us, and others who want to know about him can read about him in the Bible. And of course, you can see how powerful and artistic he is through his creations.

Those earnestly seeking him can find him. Of course, my experience is rare, but I didn't see much more than what was described in the Bible; but it does make a difference to have the reality to compare to the translated description.

JC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit