Prescription Sleep Aids

by Corvin 34 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Corvin
    Corvin

I have been talking to my doctor about my inability to sleep as of late. He says that some prescription pills will help.

So, what do I take? Does anyone have any experience with sleeping pills like Ambien, temazapam . . . ?

Did you like what you took? Did make you drowsy the next day?

Corvin

• blondie
    blondie

Since I have severe chronic pain, I have finally resorted to a sleep aid which also treats my pain. I use

Neurontin (Gabapentin)

I haven't had any side effects. If I do, they are they same ones I have with other meds I take so I can't separate them.

Blondie

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I've tried Ambien with good results. No side effects, no feeling groggy in the morning. My only complaint is that I have a tough time sleeping the next night unless I take it, so I rarely use it now.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Try listening to a recording of a Public Talk at the Kingdom Hall. Always worked for me, sends me to sleep in 5 minutes

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I like to use Valerian Root.... you can find it in just about any store that carries vitamins and other supplements.

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Ambien, temazapam . . . ?

We can't get drugs like these handed out in the UK. Free health care has it's draw backs I guess. They say drugs like temazapam are addictive.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I have tried several prescription sleep aids. The one I recommend is Ambien. Although it doesn't always work for me, when it does, I get about 6 hours and wake up feeling great. Sonata, however, will make you feel like you are trying to wake up from anesthesia and you will be groggy for a long time. 1 dose of Sonata affected me for almost 2 days. I hate the stuff.

Robyn

• micheal
    micheal

I have to agree with Gordy on this one, that has always worked for me.

• TonyT
    TonyT

Melatonin works well for me during the rare times when I can't sleep. It is available in the vitamin section.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Malatonin works well for me during the rare times when I can't sleep. It is available in the vitamin section.

Melantonin makes me sleepy but I only sleep for about an hour after taking it and then I wake up and can't get back to sleep. That makes me grumpy and no fun at all. Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit