Crystal Blue Persuasion

by Smoldering Wick 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Mac
    Mac

Someone gave me a Tommy James CD recently, beautiful collection!!

mac

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    That and "Sweet Cherry Wine"

XW, I love Sweet Cherry Wine. I have the 45 of Crimson and Clover and that's the flip side of it.

Flyin'

Edit: I had to find all three of those mp3s in my collection and enque them into my winamp. Thanks for the reminder.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

[email protected] want to kiss Tommy!!!!!!!!!!!

mac

Actually, at that age I wanted to kiss Davey Jones of the Monkees. I also liked Grant Landry, a boy I still think about and smile.

Flyin'

• Mac
    Mac

Talk about memories......I got my first kiss while listening to a Tommy James album.

mac, "my mind's such a sweet thing" class

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Talk about memories......I got my first kiss while listening to a Tommy James album.

mac, "my mind's such a sweet thing" class

I bet I can guess who the kiss was from. Smurfette.

Flyin'

• Mac
    Mac

LOL......nope..

Her name was Becky and she was far from blue...

first kiss, first love, first....er, well..never mind!

mac

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**I have never tired of hearing Crimson and Clover

Over and over huh?

giggle

I couldn't resist.

My kids used to hear it so often that they'd walk around singing the "over and over" part longafter the song was done!

I loved their records too, and had'em all. Funny the looks I got when I tried to tell my grandson about 45's.......

hugs,

Annie

• bavman
    bavman

yeh, i heard this rumour too. probably 1 of those jw urban legends. also heard george benson comes in to patterson to help on convention recordings. that 1 is probably true.

bav

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Hey..................

Tommy James first made the "big time" in the Pittsburgh area..........................he was from eastern Ohio.........and two guys in the band were from this area. "North Huntington Township" "Westmoreland County" " Western Pennsylvania"............"My Baby DoesThe Hanky Panky" Yes...............I feel connected to these songs.

Jimmy Beaumont and the Skyliners are also very big in Western Pa. ................."Since I Don't Have You"...fame

Check out ............."Thee Record Wharehouse" online.

HappyDad

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I had heard the song had something to do with Jehovah's Witnesses too, but never heard anything much about it!

I only know I have always loved Tommy James and the Shondells! What a unique style they have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit