How long did it take you to get rid of your jw magazines?

by kls 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

actually the real and only information that I've liked to read sometimes was the news at the end of the awakes ... I guess it was because it was talking about every kind of things

I've never really felt bond by those books, but the bible

• Purza
    Purza
    How did you feel when you disgarded those book's and mag's, did it bother you?,,,,,,Or was it a relief that you were free of them and the org?

I am interested in this question as well. My boyfriend asked me when we can get rid of my JW books because he wants the container they are in. I am not sure why I am still holding on to them. Sentimental value? Maybe because I was brainwashed in to thinking I will never be completely free of the organization?

I just started to read the Crisis of Conscience book and I am can already tell that by the time I finish the book, my old JW stuff will probably be history. I may recycle some items, but the stuff with my little "study" notations I do not want out there.

Purza

• Balsam
    Balsam

I still use the magazines to help others. Trying to get the current ones are more diffiult. I have gone through the huge stack of old ones I had and got rid of the ones I would have no need for.

Its' been 3 years

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**How did you feel when you disgarded those book's and mag's, did it bother you?,,,,,,Or was it a relief that you were free of them and the org?

It took me about three months after I wrote my DA letter in 1999---to have hubby haul them to the dump. I kept some of the hard bound books (don't ask me why---I don't know) and the reasoning book and my bible. A lot of the stuff could have been used for research but at the time I didn't realize that.

It felt GOOD when I got rid of them....just another step away from the WTS for me.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Why did you donate the yearbooks to the SA? Is the homeless demand for toilet paper THAT extreme?

Got one more question for ya. ,,,,How did you feel when you disgarded those book's and mag's, did it bother you?,,,,,,Or was it a relief that you were free of them and the org?

I'm so happy to be out now - but at the time it was a kind of... I never realized just how totemistic the literature is. It has assumed a kind of mythic significance in the mind of the dub, like rosaries or a statue of the Virgin. It was kind of like, ooh, am I doing something God disapproves of?

However logic stepped in eventually, and said that if God isn't stopping the child molestors IN the borg, he doesn't give a damn about the wasted trees I'm using for kindling... But it was still a psychological step to destroy something that had assumed the place of the Voice of God.

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit