How long did it take you to get rid of your jw magazines?

by kls 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kls
    kls

I have seen post on the forum of persons wondering what to do with their jw magazines now that they feel they are no longer needed. How long did it take you to feel secure enough to get rid of them and why do some feel the insecurity to keep them, even knowing they have no intention of ever going back ?

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I still have some ... don't know what to do with it yet for real

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

They were tossed years ago to make room on the shelves for my Playboy collection.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I still have a few bound volumes from the 70's. I keep them as an emergency stash....I figure that even though the pages are single ply, they rip out easily, and they may come in handy one day when I reach for the Charmin, and discover that there is none.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Every time I move, I try to throw away everything I don't absolutely need. I've moved four times in the past four years and I still keep finding old magazines every time... I think the socks I lose in the dryer mutate into back copies of the dubworld gazette...

CZAR

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I will keep my bible anyway I think ... just because it is my bible

• the mole
    the mole

i stopped attending two years ago except for an assembly or two recently but i just threw out 5 boxes of books and mags just recently...in april i believe...all in trash except for the yearbooks i donated to salvation army

• NWT@Cutlip.Org
    [email protected]

Don't toss 'em. ...

Recycle! Recycle! Recycle!

Many cult awareness groups would like to have old WT publications for their research libraries. Contact one of them directly or contact me and I'll make arrangements to pay your shipping costs.

[email protected]

--

• RR
    RR

I have them all, from JUly 1879 to March 2004, stopped receiving them after that!

• kls
    kls

Got one more question for ya. ,,,,How did you feel when you disgarded those book's and mag's, did it bother you?,,,,,,Or was it a relief that you were free of them and the org?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit