August 15th WT - Eliminate your unnecessary hobbies and projects

by truthseeker 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Blondie writes:

they didn't mention any "hobbies" by name. I wonder what they consider a "hobby"?

Maybe the couple in the picture were boxing up some of the old, old publications that conflicted with Present Light?....

Love, Scully

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Notice how they blame the "weight" not on their burdensome religion, but on things like personal projects and hobbies.

Bingo!

• kls
    kls

Scully could be on to something. ,,,LOL,Scully

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    The caption is: "Some have eliminated certain hobbies and nonessential projects"

Hey Prince, has shaking your booty and playing your guitar to audiences of thousands become an unnecessary weight in the race for life? Time to pack up the music career and GET PIONEERING!!!!!!

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

How sad. Those older folks now in their 60's or 70's who have very little support from Soc. Sec. and no way to have suplimentary insurance for their medicare and do not own a home.

I wonder what they think and feel when they recall only knocking on doors, assemblies, kd hall meetings.

Few memories of vacations or hobbies with their children. If they had any. Now they toddle into the kd hall and the few strained jw type hello's and how are you's .

Then end up applying for medicade so the county can pay their bills for scripts and medical costs.

Then they hear the same old call for all of your time and efforts to be given to a society that couldn't care less about them as individuals.

I am 68 yrs' and so glad I got out of that awful mess. I own my home and autos and can pay my way.

No thanks to the wbts.

Outoftheorg

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yep... they want the JWs to devote all of their time to peddling books door to door...

• Going to school? Quit and pioneer!
    • Have a full time job? Quit and pioneer!
    • Have a hobby? Quit and put more time into pioneering!
    • Sitting on the toilet? Get a colostomy bag and pioneer!
  • outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

NOW now Elsewhere.

Lets be accurate here. They have never called for jw's to quit the toilet use and getting a colostomy bag.

You know that this is to be introduced next year, Don't be trying to lead the flock now.

Outoftheorg

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Not a word about the first part where they say some have health problems and loss of loved ones.Other than mentioning this they don't follow up with any concern for these ones.Heartless.

Blueblades

• Sirona
    Sirona

4JWY

When "in the world" my dad was a champion bicycle racer, and his own dad won the bronze medal in the cycling road race of the Olympics in 1912. But then- becoming a JW,- he tried to deny his past and that it had ever meant ANYTHING to him. In his late 70's he slowly brought out a photo here and there of those racing days and displayed them in the living room, yet felt ill at ease for "friends" to see them.

Honestly, I know how much that can affect a person. I know people who could have been professional sportsmen or professors of higher education, but the JWs discouraged it. It hurts! No doubt about it. I can't imagine how hard it must be to have your family tradition wrecked by the Jw rules.

What a waste of talent.

They need to consider this when they write that tripe about stopping hobbies etc.

Sirona

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

This is just flavor of the month filler. They dont care. August 22 04 awake front cover "what makes a good farther?" is a father son building a model car. On father imprisioned in the USSR is heralded for illustrating post cards. They used "buy out the oppertune time" to apply to spending time with your children. I know some parts of this thread is in good fun but what many still dont realize is they say things to keep readers interested not different than any news paper they dont really care about what is being said as long as it hooks a certain class of JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit