August 15th WT - Eliminate your unnecessary hobbies and projects

by truthseeker 50 Replies latest jw friends

• jaredg
    jaredg

when i was a witness and i read or heard something from WTS saying "some do this" blah blah blah or "many witnesses do that" blah blah i always thought, well you know some do but some don't....i'm going to be one of those that don't

• metatron
    metatron

Witnesses!

You are hereby ordered to do more and more

for an organization that cares about you less and less.

Your Brothers,

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

metatron

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Will the madness ever end?!?! That is so sickening to me. gladtobefree - good point - very emotionally unhealthy! But of course they benifit by having emotionally unhealthy people as members. They wouldn't exist if everyone got well!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Gosh, just reading this makes me want to leave sooner!!!

I'm getting a hobby right away! Plus I'm continuing my volunteer work in the community!

Those idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DY

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

If JWs are suffering from emotional or mental fatigue perhaps simplifying their lives would help. Eliminating things that cause undue stress can be beneficial. By eliminating JWs from my life I reduced my stress and no longer require medication to control my blood pressure. Here's a guesstimated breakdown of a JW's use of time in any given week. This doesn't make allowances for other things, like preparing talks, assemblies, illness, auto breakdown, deaths in the family, etc. It shows that a witness can have about 18 hours of free time every week. Unfortunately, that time would not come in significant blocks. Rather, most of it is probably spent in the JW catching his breath while racing from one of these activities to another. I think it's a very unhealthy way to live, physically, mentally, and emotionally.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Damn! No wonder I was always so tired!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Being a JW is most stressful!

Yesterday they gave a part at the meeting about giving Bible studies. Now, the person must also prepare themselves prior to giving the Bible study!

Forget that!!!

DY

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    "unnecessary hobbies"?????

Firstly, I'm amazed that they think that dubs have time for any hobbies, let alone hobbies (plural)!!!!!

I also can't quite get a handle on the adjective "non-essential"??? Surely all hobbies etc by their very nature are non-essential? That's the beauty of them!

Cheers, Ozzie

• willyloman
    willyloman

Truthseeker: Thanks for pointing this out. This kind of eternal vigilance is what makes this forum so valuable for people exiting the WTS. This kind of crap just reconfirms we made the right decision.

I'll file this under, "The beatings will continue until morale improves."

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Thank God I'm not a Jehovah's Witness. There is no way I'd give up Tennis for kingdom interests.

Devon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit