Update after talking to family services.

by BLISSISIGNORANCE 26 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I don't believe I can do much more without getting into legal problems
    Bliss ... You did everything very well, and what you can ... .... thanks for the kids !
  • johnny cip
    johnny cip

wow bliss; your doing fine. the only other thing you can do at this point, inform as many dubs at this guys hall. here and idea for you , you could go to the court house and ask if this pig. has a criminal record. never know someone may have taken him to court on this pedo stuff. and you don't even know about it. may want to ask child welfare to look into this for thier records. stay strong and show no quarter. john

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Yes, Bliss, you've done all you can and I think it should be good enough! You know the old expression: "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink." Well, you should have a very clear conscience. I hope the family listens to you but, if they don't, you really have done all that you can do.

Too bad about the flyers though -- yes, yes, I agree with the reasoning but I just LOVE annoying stupidly self-righteous people! Call it a weakness . . .

Nina

• gdt
    gdt

Bliss, after reading your 486 post and feeling absolutely disgusted, would you like to please give me contact details of the congregation involved? I am concerned both for you firstly, and your child. I am in the truth as you would gather, but as a JP and a marriage celebrant who knows a few contacts both in and out of the brotherhood, it may be possible to be of help if you would trust and let me. Or should I contact you direct? Please just advise. My police contacts could be helpful, but I would want you (and hubbies) approvals before taking any issues further. Take care, gdt.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

{{{{{{{ BLISS }}}}}}}} Job well done.

• bem
    bem

((((BLISS))))... I Admire me...me bowing to another strong person willing to take on the responsibility of taking care of her own,,and other children.Speaking out and haunting these people that so like secrets is the best we can do.

for you dear.bem.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Bliss, you have covered all the bases and it sounds like you did an excellent and determined job of it.

Bliss, after reading your 486 post and feeling absolutely disgusted, would you like to please give me contact details of the congregation involved? I am concerned both for you firstly, and your child. I am in the truth as you would gather, but as a JP and a marriage celebrant who knows a few contacts both in and out of the brotherhood, it may be possible to be of help if you would trust and let me. Or should I contact you direct? Please just advise. My police contacts could be helpful, but I would want you (and hubbies) approvals before taking any issues further. Take care, gdt.

Careful with this one.

• gdt
    gdt

and Why Corvin, ?? love NEVER fails, just a matter of application.so why your comment corvin?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Bliss,

A very difficult situation for you, but one that you seem to have it well in hand.

Bliss, I would be very careful before giving out *any* personal information on these Boards to a person who is a virtual stranger to you. Perhaps GDT your intentions are honorable, but we have seen many such moments on these Boards end up in tears. Perhaps you could contact Ozzie, who is in your end of the world and who has proved himself to be trustworthy over years, and discuss this situation with him.

Best regards - HS

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

Hi Bliss,

Being abused myself, I too have comfronted the sometimes confusing battelground of confronting my absuer (now that I'm a grown man with muscle). On the one hand I want to punish my abuser, on the other I want to follow Jesus' advice of praying for my enemies. It only occured to me recently that my abuser, was probably abused himself as a child. It's a terrible spiral, and I would hate to punish someone that was themselves abused as a kid, and yet on the other hand I want to punch his lights out and tell everyone he know what he did to me. Argh!! What do you do? I have not confronted my abuser as yet... I've been putting it off until I have more money to travel to his current location.

Personaly, I think you've handled this very well. I don't think telling other people will really help. There's something about child abuse that non-abused "don't get". They view abuse as "an incident" not unlike scrapping a knee when you were young. They say, "Why on earth would you harp on about a scrapped knee so many years ago?" They just don't get it, they just don't... and this is exactly why Peter Hollingworth was forced to resign from the position of Governer General. It wasn't until the then governer spent a large amount of time with an abused girl did he stop making such stupid and idiotic statements, but by then he was already forced from office.

I fear that despite your best intentions, you will be unable to force people to "get it". I feel for you on this issue... it's a tough one. If it helps I may be able to spread the word myself if you tell me who it is. Occassionaly I run into the odd witness from time to time, and it would be great to talk about, "Hey... do you know such-and-such? You do? Did you know he abuses children? Yeah, I know the mother of one of the children he abused..." or some such thing.

Just me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit