Watchtower Opts to Make Service Meetings Even Worse

by metatron 31 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Will they have to instruct the friends on how to wipe themselves?

Metatron

I can't quite understand the obvious negative tone of your comments regarding the new arrangement regarding the assemblies.

The issue of how ones wipes himself continues to be a matter of personal conscience.

However, I do recall council that each should examine ones motivations for wiping; whether it is done simply to satisfy one's fleshly desires and comforts or whether it is done with those around us in mind, especially those related to us in the faith.

***** Rub a Dub

• metatron
    metatron

Perhaps they could have a Local Needs part on this. It might become a problem if they don't comment on it.

metatron

• Joker10
    Joker10

How many publishers reported in May?

• blondie
    blondie

Joker, don't you get the KM?

Actually, I did attend a meeting with a local needs talk on how to wipe, seriously.

First the brothers were advised to use toilet paper even when urinating and to be sure to wash their hands afterwards.

Then as to pooping, people should wipe from front to back so as not to contaminate the urinary tract (I guess there were too many sisters absent due to urinary tract infections).

Then the sisters were counseled not to flush their tampons (and certain not their sanitary pads) down the toilet (it was gumming up the septic system/pipes).

And the sisters were advised to take their children's diapers home with them, not to put them in the trash.

I am serious about this.

Blondie

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose
    I think you may be confusing it with the Kingdom Ministry school. Elders and MSes go to these every year or two; there's generally a one-day session for MSes, and two days for Elders. Ministerial Training School is for Ministerial Servants or Elders; it's actually a two-month program. Unlike the KM school, which is for all Elders and MSes, MTS requires a special application process, and only a small number attend (maybe a couple of hundred a year).

No, I wasn't confusing it. I didn't even know about the Kingdom Ministry School. What I didn't know was the length of the MTS,and that's why I was showing that I was guessing on the timing.

I gave an overview of my understanding of it, as no one else had by the time I did. Being a single female, we know how often I would have any opportunity to know anything about the actual workings, beyond what I would have retained from the ultra-boring meetings (zilch). hehe Besides I'm doing my darndest to dump extraneous crap from my memory.

Thanks for clarifying for the person asking.

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

I believe you Blondie, we had similar talks at least once a year. *sigh*

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

IN the west most MTS brothers end up were they started. There is no body to replace them. One brother was begged to serve were the need was greater and leave his parents hall he grew up in. Apparently the need was in the hall in his own territory down the street from his house. I think they are just going to use this to decide who is going to be the new co. So they just weed out any non MTS brothers.

• avengers
    avengers
    When does the limbo bar ever stop being lowered? Will they have to instruct the friends

on how to wipe themselves?

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Its amazing these people can dress themselves and somehow get to the Hall three times a week!

No Apologies

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Its amazing these people can dress themselves and somehow get to the Hall three times a week!

Many jws I talk to have a goal of dressing them selves on time and getting to the hall 3 times a week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit