Watchtower Opts to Make Service Meetings Even Worse

by metatron 31 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

The recent August Kingdom Ministry contains instructions on deepening the ennui

and sophorific potential of Service Meetings. They are ordering that BEFORE the Circuit

Assembly/Special Assembly Day a service meeting part be given on what the Circuit Assembly

will be about - in detail.

Then, after the Circuit Assembly, the Service Meeting will conduct a review by asking a

half page list of printed questions (16) about the whole program, as specified in the Kingdom

Ministry. The same goes for the Special Assembly Day.

When does the limbo bar ever stop being lowered? Will they have to instruct the friends

on how to wipe themselves? or how often to breathe? When does this abandonment

of THINKING LIKE AN ADULT ever end? Having abandoned Ray Franz's pleas about

Christian conscience, there seems to be no bottom to this process that causes them

the least hint of embarrassment

I noticed the statistics for April and May and wondered about the volatility in their numbers.

For example, I counted 25,600 fewer Bible Studies and 1088 fewer regular pioneers.

Now, to be fair, these numbers will go up and down thruout the year, but their swing

looks interesting.

Oh, and the insert is making a big push for Ministerial Training School. They want

single guys who have been servants or elders for at least two consecutive years

23 - 50 yrs old.

My take on this? They're getting worried about their slipping hold on congregations

and are wisely creating an elite cadre ( hey, it worked for Hitler with the SS and HitlerJugend!)

of YesMen who will obey without question. One amusing aspect of this attempt

concerns the frequent reaction of local brothers to these trained 'inspector generals'.

..... you aren't always invited to dinner........

metatron

• hybridous
    hybridous

'Ministerial Training School'...

can anyone comment on what exactly this is? Is this a new thing?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Will they have to instruct the friends on how to wipe themselves? or how often to breathe?

I'm sure they must have touched on these subjects at some point in time. I'll should check my WT CD. I remember hearing numerous talks about personal hygeine, so teaching them how to wipe themselves can't be too far off.

They're getting worried about their slipping hold on congregations and are wisely creating an elite cadre ( hey, it worked for Hitler with the SS and HitlerJugend!) of YesMen who will obey without question.

When I was in it looked like they were appointing as ministerial servants those who were the least educated. I know of three ministerial servants who have serious mental illnesses, and they also had unbaptized children running microphones while those of us who had some education and good jobs were not used at all. I was being used for a while until it became known that I was taking networking courses on Saturday afternoons. Then I was promptly removed.

As for regurgitating the assembly material, I think it's because they've been running short of ideas for a long time now so they resort to their constant repitition. The talks and meeting parts are as much "cut and paste" as their literature.

Walter

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Met,

You know,,that's so true,, they treat the brothers like little dumb kids. These guys (GB and Writing dept.) want to keep the brothers down,, and insecure,, so that they will alway feel they need the WT to tell them everything...

• garybuss
    garybuss

Rutherford took the groups away from the Bible Students with his "service directors". The Corporation only communicated with the service director. That gave the service director all the power. Then they did away with the "elder arrangement" (as well as the elders). Then they appointed "Company Servants" and assistants and appointed down line servants.

If they smell a rebellion in the wind, they may structure a similar program again. It worked very well for them in the past. The story is told in detail in 30 Years A Watch Tower Slave.

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

The Ministerial Training School came up a few years back. Kinda like the Pioneer school for Pioneers, it's a specialized week (or two?) of training for single brothers who (I believe) are already MSs.

I knew a couple guys that went through it...they really enjoyed it, said it was full of "spiritual food." Yeah.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Metatron wrote:

The recent August Kingdom Ministry contains instructions on deepening the ennui and sophorific potential of Service Meetings. When does the limbo bar ever stop being lowered?

Limbo bar gets lower and lower, as long as the borg keeps turning out willing participants. It is part of the ?process? of searching for and finding those members who are willing to stoop lower and lower to be used by the borg. Stoop is not the official word used, the borg uses the word 'humble', I believe.

Will they have to instruct the friends on how to wipe themselves? or how often to breathe? when does this abandonment of THINKING LIKE AN ADULT ever end?

Indeed, there are those who will keep going lower and lower under the said limbo bar. There are people who want to be told what to do ? and how to do it. They want to be told to jump ? and how high. Or in the case of the limbo bar, stoop and how low. This takes away their decision-making. This way they don?t ever have to grow up and live life and make their own decisions.

What you possibly are seeing here, metatron, is the true cult dynamic at work. This is how a cult weeds out independent thinkers. This is how the cult searches for and finds victims who willingly submit to obedience to any borg instructions and rules. This is the kind of thinking that Jim Jones looked for. These are the truly ?submissive ones?.

Having abandoned Ray Franz's pleas about Christian conscience, there seems to be no bottom to this process that causes them the least hint of embarrassment

You are right about there being no bottom. Another cult standard. Once the cult finds these submissive brothers, they will mould them and ?train? them to do their cult bidding.

I noticed the statistics for April and May and wondered about the volatility in their numbers. For example, I counted 25,600 fewer Bible Studies and 1088 fewer regular pioneers. Now, to be fair, these numbers will go up and down thruout the year, but their swing looks interesting.

The fewer Bible Studies and regular pioneers might indicate that there are more and more people using their independent thinking process. This is scary for a cult. Cult leaders ideally want members who give up their own thinking processes, and let the cult leaders think for them.

Oh, and the insert is making a big push for . They want single guys who have been servants or elders for at least two consecutive years 23 - 50 yrs old.

Guys who are young enough to not be too set in their ways ? guys who are moldable ? submissive ? much more desirable than women, for the cult mentality.

My take on this? They're getting worried about their slipping hold on congregations and are wisely creating an elite cadre ( hey, it worked for Hitler with the SS and HitlerJugend!) of YesMen who will obey without question.

Cults are indeed Hitler-like in their dynamic. They fear any independent thinkers. The more submissive the brothers will be to the borg, the more desirable they become to the borg ...(humble is the official borg word used).

Just my take on the situation.

ESTEE

• willyloman
    willyloman
    One amusing aspect of this attempt concerns the frequent reaction of local brothers to these trained 'inspector generals'. ..... you aren't always invited to dinner........

You are so right. I've seen it with my own eyes. The "teaching elite' in the congregation are really put off by these guys when they show up. For one thing, they're often young. They're extremely polished. And they appear to have access to exclusive information, experiences, etc. Really shakes up the troops.

This program reminds me of big businesses that send out "efficiency experts," or perhaps it's more like the "mystery shopper" program the fast food chains use to score customer service.

In any event, this is exactly why I left; reform is out of the question. The limbo bar does, indeed, keep getting lower. The direction is clearly AWAY from Christian freedom of thought and expression.

p.s. It was just a year or so ago they opted to make the Theocratic Ministry School even worse, and they succeeded very well.

• Maverick
    Maverick

I was reading my girl friends August Kingdum Miseries and they were pushing the "not forsaking meeting attendance". How the world tries to diminish the hard work of God's people but they must be ever vigilat against the Devil and his dupes! They may be few bla, bla, bla..... That was about as far as I could stomach! Mav

• minimus
    minimus

If the Society can spoon feed all the "spiritual food" they will do so. Since there's no longer any excitement regarding the assemblies and obviously no one is listening there, then why not try to "inculcate" the same message first at the Hall and then MAYBE the "friends" will have a reason to "look forward" to the assembly. Here's what will happen--- a few will be satisfied to make the initial KH meeting and feel they don't have to go to the assembly afterall! (Watch for the related counsel on an upcominh OKM). Others will be thrilled by the new dumbing down process and praise the "Slave" and Jehovah, of course. The others will feel that now, they'll have to really pay attention to the assembly because they will have to give an accounting for the Service Meeting.....(Glad I don't go!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit