"We do't believe in war."

by hubert 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Funny how JWs (and a poster here) easily dismiss the "god is on my side" propaganda but cling to the "satan is in control" propaganda. It seems like a bent to negativity/paranoia is being manifest.

You accuse me of being negative and/or paranoid? Well, that just goes to show how much you understand regarding what the Bible truly teaches. The Bible does for a fact teach that "satan is in control," so it's not "probaganda" at all.

Why is it that you don't have a comment regarding what I said up above regarding the dragon's 7 diadems? You don't feel qualified to address the issue?

• Schizm
    Schizm
    With bombs falling all around all night, night after night, not knowing when one might hit your house, there's no way someone could remain completely neutral. You are going to hope that the air defenses of the country that you live in, pay taxes in, etc, will win the battle of the skies over your home.

That's the biggest bunch of bull shit that I've heard this entire decade. Who in the hell are you to be dictating how another person is to react to such circumstances, as to whether that person can "remain completely neutral" or not.

The politics of the war may not mean anything to you, but by God, you want the damn bombs to stop falling, so therefore you hope that homeland defenses hold. That is not staying completely neutral.

I think that you are a little too hung up on the words "you" and "your". You are so outrageously unreasonable that you give me no reason to try reasoning with you.

If there is a God ....

That pretty much tells me everything I needed to know about you.

Bye.

• undercover
    undercover
    That's the biggest bunch of bull shit that I've heard this entire decade.

Hey, hey, watch your language there Bible-thumper. You want bullshit? Pick up your fucking bible and read that shit. Now you got some grade A number one bullshit.

I think that you are a little too hung up on the words "you" and "your". You are so outrageously unreasonable that you give me no reason to try reasoning with you.

I think you're a little too hung up with your self-righeousness. I'm unreasonable? Who started slinging insults and is now going to run away? Address my statements with reason and logic and show me why I'm mistaken. Or are you chickenshit?

• Schizm
  • Golf
    Golf

War of words!

Guest 77

• Schizm
    Schizm

Words of war!

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar. -- Julius Caesar
  • undercover
    undercover

Nice quote. Has a ring of truth to it.

Here's a variation that also has a ring of truth to it:

Beware the religion that bangs the drum of Armageddon in order to whip the followers into godly fear and obedience, for this fear and obedience is indeed a double-edged sword. It builds faith, just as it narrows the mind. When the drums of Armageddon have reached a fever pitch and the blood runs cold with fear and the mind has closed, the religious leaders will have no need in seizing the freedoms of the followers. Rather, the followers, infused with fear and blinded by faith, will offer up all their freedoms unto the church and gladly so. How do I know? I have seen it done. They are Jehovah?s Witnesses.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Satan is behind the wild beast with seven heads and ten horns Rev 13:1 (which represents the dominating or world poilitcal powers throughout history). His [the dragon] having diadems on each head shows that he excercises rulership over each ruling power. Over the whole world really. -- justaman http://e-watchman.com/cafe/viewtopic.php?t=326

That is a quote from off the e-watchman site. There are very few times that I find anything there that I can agree with, but in this case the person actually said something that agrees with what I'd said earlier in this thread here. Wonders of wonders!

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Congradulations. You agree with a manman. You should pat yourself on the back.

Anyways, there are many interpretations of the "Diadems" on the head of the dragon, each sounding more far out than the other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit