"We do't believe in war."

by hubert 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Schizm
    Schizm
    There is a saying, and I'm not sure where I got it from, but I find it chillingly accurate:

"Those who beat their swords to plowshares, will plow for those who don't''

Greven

I consider that as being a subtle threat, coming from the one who said it or any who subscribe to it. I've found that those who make such statements are people who themselves threaten the peace. Because I'm NOT a pacifist, from here on out I stand ready to kick their ass in ways that they never dreamed of ... and without prior notification.

Schizm ----->Prisoner

• kls
    kls

They don't believe in war? ya tell that to the people that have come up against the watchtowers attorneys

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

They are not nuetral JW believe in theocratic warfare. Which can include espionage, smuggling, deception... Oddly under the geniva convention JWs are spies that could be rounded up and shot.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I have true peace loving nonJW friends, committed to seeking alternative solutions to world problems. The very idea of sacrificing the majority of the population to bring some ideal world sickens them when I tell them about the JW plan. JW are not neutral, they distrust and distain all government.

• hubert
    hubert

Undercover...... "We are a peaceful people. We don't kill. We stay neutral during conflicts. Oh, by the way, our God is going to kill all of you".

Hubert..... "With our j.w. blessings, I might add."

Undercover, This is EXACTLY what I was trying to come across with. You clarified it. Thanks.

As for the military, to be weak militarily, is to invite attack. Hubert

• taz
    taz

There was a story circulating that some wacko was in town, that he was preaching everywhere in the capitol. No doubt, he looked weird enough - with actions to match. He heard them laugh as he walked by, and he grew angry with himself and THE ONE WHO Sent him. He knew this would happen. He didn't know how he knew, but he just knew. And, he also knew the outcome.

They stopped laughing though, when they heard what he said. Ultimately, even government officials heard him and called for an Emergency Resolution, signed by the king himself. They responded proactively.

And, although the Quran indicates that Jonah represented Allah, The Bible makes it clear that he was sent by, and prayed to JHWH ELOHIM. This is an important distinction, and not merely from a literary perspective. Other major differences also exist.

Like Jonah previously, Nineveh was in a predicament. Their code, or laws of Hammurabi, failed to adequately alter their ambiguous behavior and defer their definite destruction. Similarly, into our adulterous and idolatrous world, HE Sent HIS Messenger, not Muhammad - but Jesus. At the Judgment of the Nations - and individuals - those from Nineveh (Iraq) shall fulfill HIS WORD.

When those in HIS Day demanded a sign, HE acquiesced as a Sign of Judgment. If Judgment ultimately came to 'that' nation who repented at the words of Jonah, what shall be The End of them that Won't - When A GREATER than Jonah Comes.......Again !

Shall HIS Judgment Come in our generation?

Atmospheric and meterological phenomena, Increased Seismic Activities + 500 year droughts + 500 year floods = famine, fire, disease, death and destruction.

What other sign do we NEED?

• greven
    greven

"Those who beat their swords to plowshares, will plow for those who don't''

I consider that as being a subtle threat, coming from the one who said it or any who subscribe to it.

Well, no, that's not what I meant. It's basically a description/explanation of why disarming is such a difficult problem: it only works if everybody does it and at the same time and rate. If only one county disarms but another does not, the undefended country becomes an easy target and at the mercy of armed countries... It's not meant as a threat as I see it. Hope this clarification helped...

Greven

• Schizm
    Schizm

I understand your point, Greven. But the fact is that the idea is closely akin to the ridiculous assertion that I've heard many times throughout my life, which goes something like this: "If everyone were like you JWs the Germans would've conquered the world and raped all our wives." What nonsense! That's not a damn thing but propaganda, put out by the opposing side.

Undercover,

If you lived in London during the bombing raids, how could you not pull for the Allies to win over Hitler's air force?

To do that would mean that the person's claim of being neutral didn't hold up when under pressure. You either believe that a Christian's duty is to remain politically neutral or you don't, there's no middle ground. Do you actually believe that God was on the side of "the Allies"? If so, you are quite mistaken. The Bible (which I suspect that you've now disowned) shows that the entire political system, from square one, is and has been under the influence of a rebelious spirit being named Satan. It's not without good reason that the Bible refers to him as the "god of this system". It's not without good reason that the dragon has a "diadem" upon each of its 7 heads, showing that Satan has controlled each and every one of the 7 powers that have exercised Univeral Rule. (Re 12) It's not without good reason that ALL worldly governments meet their end at the battle of Armageddon. Contrary to what many people would like to believe there are no nations that are really intent on doing God's will. The expression "In God We Trust" is nothing more than a claim. There is no such thing as a "nation under God," just the claim that there is.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Funny how JWs (and a poster here) easily dismiss the "god is on my side" propaganda but cling to the "satan is in control" propaganda. It seems like a bent to negativity/paranoia is being manifest.

• undercover
    undercover
    To do that would mean that the person's claim of being neutral didn't hold up when under pressure. You either believe that a Christian's duty is to remain politically neutral or you don't, there's no middle ground.

That's exactly my point. With bombs falling all around all night, night after night, not knowing when one might hit your house, there's no way someone could remain completely neutral. You are going to hope that the air defenses of the country that you live in, pay taxes in, etc, will win the battle of the skies over your home. The politics of the war may not mean anything to you, but by God, you want the damn bombs to stop falling, so therefore you hope that homeland defenses hold. That is not staying completely neutral. If you can remain completely uncaring in that siutation then you are a true pacifist.

Do you actually believe that God was on the side of "the Allies"? If so, you are quite mistaken. The Bible (which I suspect that you've now disowned) shows that the entire political system, from square one, is and has been under the influence of a rebelious spirit being named Satan.

I never said anything about God being one on side or the other. I don't think he's on any side and I don't care. You're absolutely correct about what I think of the Bible. And religion. I have disowned the Bible. I have disowned religion. If there is a God he does not operate through religion as we know it. If I don't accept the Bible, then I can't buy into your ramblings about Satan (if he exists) controling the political systems either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit