Anybody ever sold anything on line? Can you give me any pointers?

by Robdar 35 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I guess it depends. Some buyers like the instant gratification of "Buy it Now." On the other hand, if you have an item that is rare and several people want, you might be able to get a lot more if the bidders fight it out in an auction format.

I suggest you try selling some simple things first to get a feel for how it all works (CDs, socks, etc... lol). Then try your plates once you are comfy with the process (and have a higher-than-zero rating).

• Robdar
    Robdar

Very good advice, Dr. I am looking around to see what all I have left from the divorce to sell. I suppose that I can't sell the promotional cds I got when I worked as Music Director at the radio station. Sigh. What to sell? What to sell?

Hey, can I try both ways to sell the plates? By bidding and by "buy it now"?

Robyn

• ballistic
    ballistic

Robdar - I sold an IDE locking removable hot swap hard disk docking station.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I sold an IDE locking removable hot swap hard disk docking station.

That would be hard to say 3 times fast. LOL.

• RR
    RR

I've sold plenty on ebay, still do, over 500 items I've sold.

RR

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I was wondering about the same thing. I'm starting school next month and just wanted some back up money and I have some Cross-stitch artwork that I've done and wanted to see if I could sell it. If I were to purchase a digital camera or either scan the pictures, would I get more offers? I also just want to see how much I might would get for them.

How is the money exchanged? I would prefer to only deal with money orders, is that possible? How are payments made?

• RR
    RR

Money can be done in various ways.

Money orders, Personal Checks and credit cards, even direct deposits. Ebay makes it all very easy for you. In fact ebay can take credit cards for you and either cut you a check or seposit it for you. Ofcourse all these online transactions cost a fee, except for paper money and checks.

I take all payments. Any place outside of the USA I take credit card payments using Paypal.com, I then have them deposit my money in my bank account.

Personal checks, I wait ten days for clearing, unless I know the personal or the persona has a good rep.

RR

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I'm starting school next month and just wanted some back up money and I have some Cross-stitch artwork that I've done and wanted to see if I could sell it. If I were to purchase a digital camera or either scan the pictures, would I get more offers? I also just want to see how much I might would get for them.

How is the money exchanged? I would prefer to only deal with money orders, is that possible? How are payments made?

Sweetp, I'm going to school too. Dog knows that we will need the money! What's your major?

You ask good questions. I wonder if Paypal charges to handle the money exchange and how much they charge!

• Robdar
    Robdar

RR, thanks for the info. I posted before I saw your response. What all do you sell?

Robyn

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

Robdar, I'm trying to have something to fall back on, and I just might fall hard. But I just want to make sure I receive money for my work and not get jipped. I spent alot of time making these and I been wanting to share them with others but not just give them away so I was thinking about trying this avenue to make some money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit