Why Have Memorial if...

by Sweetp0985 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

No one partakes of it? Out of the many memorials I have been to, I only recall 1 when a Bethelite came to give our talk and he was of the anointed and partook of the emblems. It was so awe-inspiring (NOT). But anyway I've read a post on here and heard about a person in my local area that partook of the emblems and their "anointed" status was questioned. But anyways my point is that in the bible at Luke 22:14-20:

14 And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him. 15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer: 16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God. 17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: 18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. 19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. 20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
    . Where in this scripture does it say that just the "anointed ones" are supposed to eat/drink the bread and wine? I think I'm correct in saying that the JW's always proclaim that they are the only true followers of Christ and that they follow the Bible, so why do they blatantly disobey Jesus when he says,"this do in remembrance of me"? Ok yes they have the memorial but what's the point if nobody is "eating/drinking"? Or was this another "symbolic" illustrations that Jesus used that was not meant for the modern day "great crowd". Excuse my ranting but I've finally made a decision about something and I'm trying to get some backbone about saying what I have to say and being about to point out some of the "big" inconsistencies(sp) I see for myself.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: No one partakes of it?

Doesn't anyone find it strange that the ONLY event dubs are allowed to celebrate is an event in which no one celebrates anything? I've been to funerals which are more upbeat than any memorial I ever attended.

Farkel

• shamus
    shamus

Trying to make sense of what they do is like beating your head against a brick wall. Why bother?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

All religions have silly rituals. The Memorial is one of those rituals for JWs.

To me it has now become just a day to dress up nice, put up with 1 hr of the same old lecture and then go out to dinner afterwards; with other 'spiritually weak' ones, of course.

DY

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

SweetP,

It gets worse. Not only do the Dubs ignore the Take this ALL OF YOU part, they also ignore scripture that says they should do this

" Corinthians 11:26For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. "

According to scripture and JW doctrine, they should have stopped celebrating the Memorial in 1914 when Jesus came.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Gasp! Yerusaly...(sp?) Good Point!!!

I read somewhere on the internet that satan loves the JW memorial because every year 6 million JW's are tricked into rejecting Jesus' commandment to partake. Haha. Fools

You are right SweetP - but you know the dubs don't really use the bible. They use the WATCHTOWER. I'm sure the WT explains it perfectly!

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Yerusalyim : Good point! I had to do some research just to see what the JWs say about this. Was I ever underwhelmed...

*** w78 3/1 pp. 6-7 Memorializing Christ?s Death?How Much Longer? ***

Memorializing Christ?s Death?How Much Longer?THE MEMORIAL of Christ?s death has only a limited run. To first-century Christians, the apostle Paul wrote: "For as often as you eat this loaf and drink this cup, you keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, until he arrives." (1 Cor. 11:26) This plainly means that, when the Lord Jesus Christ does arrive, the proclaiming of his death by means of celebrating the Lord?s Supper, or Evening Meal, will stop.?1 Cor. 11:20.

With his coming absence and his return in mind, Jesus said to his disciples when inaugurating the Memorial: "In the house of my Father there are many abodes. Otherwise, I would have told you, because I am going my way to prepare a place for you. Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you home to myself, that where I am you also may be."?John 14:2, 3.

Until Jesus came to receive the last of these disciples to himself in the heavenly place prepared for them, the memorial of his death would continue being celebrated. When all are finally united with him above for the purpose of acting as priests with him and ruling as kings with him, the Memorial celebration on earth will cease.

Wow! I did'nt JWs believed in a 3RD coming of Jesus! Strange how there aren't any scriptual references in the last paragraph. Check this one out:

*** w84 2/15 p. 20 The Recent Pen for "Other Sheep" *** (I did not make up this title, I promise)

When, in God?s due time, the remnant of the spiritual Israelites finish their earthly course and pass off the scene to enter their heavenly reward, the new covenant that was based on the blood of the Mediator, the Fine Shepherd, Jesus Christ, will cease to apply, it having successfully served its purpose. With this the observing of the Lord?s Evening Meal on Passover Day of each year will stop. Then, too, "this fold" for the flock of spiritual Israelites will cease to exist. The dedicated, baptized other sheep will remain on the earth to enter into the blessings that the Kingdom, composed of the Fine Shepherd, Jesus Christ, and his 144,000 fellow priests and kings, will pour down upon them. The flock that will be left upon the cleansed earth will be made up of only the united other sheep. They will continue to listen to the voice of their Shepherd-King, and this will lead to their gaining eternal life in human perfection upon a Paradise earth.

SweetP:

This means that if all the anointed die off before Armeggedon, NO MORE MEMORIAL. So your question is valid. Of course the WTBTS has hinged its doctrine on the premise that this won't happen. This is why JWs are so interested in the anointed partaker count, its a gauge for Armeggedon. 8000 to go...

• Maverick
    Maverick

The Memorial is a sham used to "prove" JW's are a christain organization to the collective and anyone dumb enough to get suckered into attending. Once a year they pull their cardboard Jesus out of the closet, dust him off, parade him around the Hall for five minutes then talk about how and why everyone should join they special-ed group. Then their stiff savior gets very unceremoniously pitched back into the closet of obscurity until next year.

As for partaking, this is an "in your face" put down of the RF. Your are dirt and don't you forget it, you worms! And the nit-witnesses take their abuse and sing praises to their masters with songs of, " Beat me harder and more often!" Mav

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

Ok Ok, Maybe I'm not just comprehending but are you guys telling me:

1. They say Jesus came in 1914 and 1918/19 but he left some anointed ones here to live out there life so to them 1 Cor. 11:26 doesn't count. Even though Paul clearly says," For as often as you eat this loaf and drink this cup, you keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, until he arrives. Ok

2."Until Jesus came to receive the last of these disciples to himself in the heavenly place prepared for them, the memorial of his death would continue being celebrated. When all are finally united with him above for the purpose of acting as priests with him and ruling as kings with him, the Memorial celebration on earth will cease." So are the JW's admitting to believing in the rapture because if I'm understand correctly if some of the 8000 are still alive when he comes, how is going to take them with him to his house? Aren't they going to have to be "SWEPT AWAY" with him to the heavens?

3. We are just patiently waiting on 8,000 people to die and then Armageddon is coming?

4. Why is it that in the JW-Kingdom proclaimers book when it shows partakers in the Memorial from 1930- til the printing of the book, Why does the number increase and then go back down for a few of those years? I don't have the book in front of me, but if someone can find it, can you explain why the number of people that were supposedly all chosen before 1935 would decrease, decrease, increase, decrease, decrease, increase. HMMMMMMM...

I am so very confused. Please Help!!!!

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    I am so very confused.

So are we!

Simple explanation(?): Jesus came invisibly in 1914 the second time (the first was on earth as a man), he will "come" in judgement the third time (Armeggedon, this is Jesus on the white horse in Revelation), and Jesus will "come" to receive his anointed in heaven a fourth time!?!

The Facts: Russel blew it in 1914; if he and his posse had been beamed up then he would have been completly right. Notice the four "comings" above would have happened at the same time. However, it didn't. And then there were too many members so Rutherford renamed everybody JWs and introduced the "other sheep" with an earthly hope. The Other Sheep are an afterthought.

Oops!, again, the end still hasn't come, there are 6,000,000 "other sheep" and 8,000 anointed (a number that fluctuates weirdly enough to puzzle any statistician). The "afterthought" other sheep have no direct relationship to any JW doctrine (only the anointed do).

Yet, the old anointed are rapidly dying off without the partaker count reducing significantly. How to explain? Are "unfaithful" anointed being replaced?

This doctrine is quickly collasping and will soon face a major shift in belief to save face. But remember, the Governing Body's MO is to excuse and "quick-fix" their doctrinal mishaps. They can't do anything else because to discard "1914", "144,000 anointed", etc would be to admit the entire premise was wrong.

My friends, we are getting down to bedrock.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit