I DID IT

by Yerusalyim 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I finally dumped AOL after seven years. For the last year I've had Cable Modem service....MUCH FASTER...and my use of AOL declined to almost nothing. I finally dumped them and their slow crappy service. I did the UNINSTALL and my computer seems to be running faster. YEA!!!!!!!!

AOL SUCKS!

• minimus
    minimus

Yeru, AOL does S U C K !!!! (And it's about time).

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Here I thought you were going to say you picked up a smoke.

Congrats on dumping AOL and quitting, just say no!

Cassi

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Whew... I was afraid you were going to tell us that you killed a hooker!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    Whew... I was afraid you were going to tell us that you killed a hooker!

lol Else Did you know in some video game called Grand theft Auto you can kill hookers after they 'service' you to get your money back? My jaw dropped when I saw that on the news. Cassi, amazed!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Whooo hoooo Yeru! I remember when I dumped them, it was a good feeling!

Just be aware that even though you did the uninstall there is plenty of AOHell left on your computer, you have to go through and manually delete it from a lot of your system folders. I have no idea how to do it as someone did it for me several months after I quit them.

Good luck!

Kate

• Carmel
    Carmel

so BC even after the DA letter to the AOL FDS, you still get an AOL hang over? Just like leaving the borg!

c

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

AOL leaves a lot of spyware on your computer..

you should run an online scan at somewhere like www.lavasoft.com which has the free ad aware scan.

it'll really speed puter up!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Thanks for the advice.

I have both AdAware (Lavasoft) and Spybot, two great programs...I run them about twice a week. Yeppers, I gotta run through and delete files...come to think of it, let me check my profile here, make sure my updated email is on here.

• Smyler
    Smyler

Friends don't let friends use AOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit