Are you an organ/tissue donor?

by Smyler 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Smyler
    Smyler

Are you an organ/tissue donor? And why or whynot did you decide to or not?

I am going to be as soon as I send in for my new health card this week. I figured that I could care less if someone uses my heart, etc if I'm dead.

Tyler

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Yes, I am a donor. If they can't use my parts when I'm dead, I want my body donated to a university to be studied. Why? Well.. I'll be dead.. I won't be needing any of the parts. Also, it could help a living person's quality of life, prolong their life, or save their life. My last good deed .

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

No I'm not but it has been something I've been thinking about a lot lately. Have pretty much decided that I'm going to, also thinking of signing up for the bone marrow register here too. If I can save a life then I'm definately in.

Going to talk to my doctor about it when I see her next.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, I have put it in my healthcare proxy filed with my doctor and health care plan. I also have it indicated on my drivers license. I figure if I will accept an organ, I should be willing to donate as well.

Blondie

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Yes i am, tho no skin tissue and or eye stuff ..... Why? my one good deed in this lifetime ... (or deadtime)

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Why do you ask? I can get you some real nice kidneys with some fava beans really cheap MUAHAAHH!
    seriously though, I am, but all I have done in the past is mark it on my license, and when I moved to Texas, I noticed that it is not marked on the license.. I need to do something more. My husband knows I would want them donated, but I think it is best to have something official, so that your spouse and family don't have to wonder what you were really thinking.

Something to put on my todo list.

• Nemea
    Nemea

I was, and I changed it. I don't want there to be a chance that someone is waiting for an organ and since I am a donor, less effort to save my life if it looks like I am not going to make it. That may sound nuts, but less has happened when you are in the hands of doctors, HMO's etc. My husband and family know my wishes, and will donate my organs after I am good and dead.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

yes (cause I don't care) but nobody knows

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Yep, I'm a donor. So far I haven't donated anything though.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I gave blood regularly until I contracted Hepetitis. I'm an organ/tissue donor at death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit