How does the WT explain "The Truth will Set You Free???"

by Confucious 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GenericMan
    GenericMan

VM44, where can I get a copy of the trial transcript? I don't doubt that you are telling the truth, I just want to know where I can get a copy for my own pesonal use.

"Testimony of Haydon C. Covington, Watchtower Lawyer, on the stand at the Douglas Walsh trial, November 1954."

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Interesting topic.

One of the last elders who visited me to encourage me to come back to the meetings cited that scripture. So I said ?let?s have a look at it in the Bible?.

I reasoned that the reality is that Jesus was speaking to people who had the ?truth? at the time. They were God?s people, practiced the law, they were not sexually immoral or particularly superstitious. ?Surely,? I said, ?Jesus was talking about religious freedom, freedom from all the petty rules and regulations that the Jewish system had heaped upon the ordinary people.? I don?t think the point that the Witnesses are enslaved to a similar overbearing religious system sunk in.

• dorothy
    dorothy

My Bible study instructor told me that scripture meant I would be free from being forced to buy birthday and Christmas gifts. No kidding.

• Confucious
    Confucious

Your Joking, right Dorothy???

Geez!!! Amazing isn't it???

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Psychology.. thats all - just as somebody said , it is a good slogan, nothing more.. It makes the hard grind of meetings/service/preparation/meetings seem bearable because they tell themselves that despite all of that , really they are the free ones and we are to be pitied... i know that Jesus said the words, and the principle is true, the appilcation to the dubs is a travesty.

Come to think of it, we are all a testimony to the accuracy of Jesus' statement of a truism . Who of us here does not feel more free since learning the truth about that organisation?

• VM44
    VM44

Hi GenericMan,

I got the portion of the testimony I posted from the site:

http://gwest59.tripod.com/ChristIsLord/id26.html

I think WitnessInc

http://www.witnessinc.com

used to sell the Douglas Walsh trial transcript, but I do not see it listed at their site. You might want to email them and ask about it.

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit