How does the WT explain "The Truth will Set You Free???"

by Confucious 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Personally ... I never felt so enslaved as when I was a dub ...

The truth about the dubs has indeed set meeee freeeeee!!!

ESTEE

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

that would bring freedom from bondage to sin and death. As Jesus explained, "every doer of sin is a slave of sin." (John 8:34) How we do long for the time when all obedient humans "will be set free from enslavement to corruption and have the glorious freedom of the children of God"!?Rom. 8:21.

The truth regarding Jesus and his role in the outworking of God?s purpose brings such freedom. It includes knowledge about the ransom sacrifice that he gave in our behalf. (Rom. 3:24) Even now, accepting and obediently submitting to Bible truth enables us to enjoy a measure of freedom from fear, despair, and all sorts of harmful practices.

Feeling nausious. Freedom to do exactly what they say or else you'll be tied to your sins and thrown away forever.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    I was told by the lady that studied with me that JW are free from superstitions, etc.

With all of those stuffed smurfs running around out there, not likely. I once bought some ties from a garage sale and gave some of them to the PO. Turns out the garage sale was of items belonging to a local preacher and the PO thought one of his ties had a demon which caused his wife to go into depression. Witnesses are very superstitious.

• gumby
    gumby
    I was wondering how the WT explains this scripture, since their members are in Bondage.

Whether a dub says they are free, or wheather a christian says they are free,.......I've yet to see evidence of freedom any different than anyone else who leads a half sane life who doesn't claim they have been set free. Believers have a particular hope......but that is the only freedom I can see they feel they have, but that isn't the one Jesus spoke of.

They all get sick, sin, die, worry, stress, doubt, and wonder. Those free in christ are still waiting for results from this freedom ....even though they are free, and the dub annointed are waiting the same way even though they are free.

Gumby

• VM44
    VM44

*** w98 10/1 pp. 3-4 "The Truth Will Set You Free" ***

"The Truth Will Set You Free"

Often, religious leaders seem not as concerned with the accuracy of their message as they are with its acceptance by the masses.

And the Jehovah's Witnesses are not? Read on...

Testimony of Haydon C. Covington, Watchtower Lawyer, on the stand at the Douglas Walsh trial, November 1954.

Q. Back to the point now. A false prophesy was promulgated? A. I agree that.
    Q. It had to be accepted by Jehovah's Witnesses?
    A. That is correct.
    Q. If a member of Jehovah's Witnesses took the view himself that that prophesy was wrong and said so he would be disfellowshipped?
    A. Yes, if he said so and kept persisting in creating trouble, because if the whole organisation believes one thing, even though it be erronious and somebody else starts on his own trying to put his ideas across then there is disunity and trouble, there cannot be harmony , there cannot be marching. When a change comes it should come from the proper source, the head of the organisation, the governing body, not from the bottom upwards, because everybody would have ideas, and the organisation would disintegrate and go in a thousand different directions. Our purpose is to have unity.
    Q. Unity at all costs?
    A. Unity at all costs, because we believe and are sure that Jehovah God is using our organisation, the governing body of our organisation to direct it, even though mistakes are made from time to time.
    Q. And unity based upon an enforced acceptance of false prophecy? A. That is conceded to be true.
    Q. And the person who expressed his view, as you say, that it was wrong, and was disfellowshipped, would be in breach of the Covenant, if he was baptized?
    A. That is correct.
    Q. And as you said yesterday expressly, would be worthy of death?
    A. I think - - -
    Q. Would you say yes or no?
    A. I will answer yes, unhesitatingly.
    Q. Do you call that religion?
    A. It certainly is.
    Q. Do you call it Christianity?
    A. I certainly do.

--VM44

• Confucious
    Confucious

vm Wow!!

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

just gotta give Golf props for that quick little add on.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption; for whatever overcomes a man, to that he is enslaved.

• codeblue
    codeblue

This famous quote is well stated:

"Religion is the opium of the people".

• RR
    RR

No, "religion is a snare and a racket" - Judge Rutherford

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit