Today WT Study, and the never good enough for GOD stuff

by DaCheech 12 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Paragraph 8 thru 9 talked about peoples problems and how they are affecting meeting attendance & service

then they arrogantly quote Matthew 11:28,29 If you read the pragraph they say that no matter what problem

we have when we go to service or meeting they vanish & our spirits are refreshed. Am I the only

one that noticed that they purposely left out verse 30? "jesus' load is light"

They still don;t get it, and play verse games (pick & choose which verses to quote to get THEIR POINT)

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

DaCheesh,

Yeppers, and the sheep keep following too. Sad really.

• Balsam
    Balsam

The load the WTS puts on its followers is anything but light. The burden is so heavy they will have to have new ones to come in just to carry the heavier burden as it increases each year. Meetings, preparation for meetings, bible studies, door to door service, home studies, working, families with children. Lord knows how in the world people are able to endure it without mental break downs. No wonder there is so much mental illness in the JW's. I think of all the ones I knew and the depression I felt trying to keep up caring for three children, my aging parents, plus all the WTS demanded of me as a woman, plus working a full time job. I had to be tough to survive it. Life is so much better without those pressures anymore. There is no evidence of God's blessings on the WTS, it is all a smoke screen and mental conditioning though carefully worded Watchtower Magazines like the one studied.

They never felt any kind of shame for the pressures they put on the men and women of the rank and file. Pressures that broke the spirit, and broke up marriages and families. And they don't even feel sorry for those that break down, they call them spiritually weak. Shame on the Governing Body of men who have no compassion for the heartache they cause the followers. There could be no Jehovah or Christ Jesus that would allow the pain and heart ache continue for people who think this God need worshiping. Why would God require us humans his creation to worship him. Do we as parents require our children to worship us because we gave them life? Of course not. Why do we worship a God that ancient Jew's created through their writtings to explain life on this plant. Why them and not some other divine word? Why do we want to worship anything????? Giving respect and honor I could understand but to worship a God who has no interaction with his followers ever, why ?????

I think of my ex-husband and his new JW wife attending meetings, neglecting their home, ignoring the needs of the sons he had with me. He wanted so much to have our youngest son age 13 remain with him when I left him, only to ignore him and not even provide the smallest needs of him including food in the house. He would say I don't have time to grocery shop I have meetings tonight. Can't take our son to the doctor or dentist I have a talk I have to prepare. I can't bring him to your house as I have to prepare for field service for tomorrow. Excuses constantly for the neglect, not even buying his clothing for him, or school supplies. Thankfully my son is 16 now and sees his Dad's love of the WTS and the neglect of him for what it is. He now stays with us much more where he is loved and cared for. His Dad will grow into an old man reading his Watchtower and Awakes, swearing the end is just around the corner, his son's hating him for his neglect. Even now my sons say they will not care for their Dad when he is an old man and needs care, he has caused them to hate him. How very sad this adherence to the WTS brainwashing has been for my ex-husband. How terribly lonely, and loveless. Even his new wife has complained of his neglect of everything that makes like tolerable.

Ok I'm just talking time to stop. Thanks for listening. I am so sad for all those who don't see or feel what the WTS has done to their lives.

Balsam

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Balsam, a tear for you and may you have Jesus put the right "light load" on you

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

(((((((((Balsam)))))))) My heart goes out to you. To watch your children suffer under the WT regime is the worst. Thank God your son has you in his life.

• Confucious
    Confucious

There's no break in this.

I remember when I first got on Paxil. Me and my wife were on it because the stresses were so bad.

But I remember the first time that my conscious excused me from going to a meeting.

I thought, hey. If I had a broken leg and could make it to the meeting. It would be OK to stay home.

So I'm emontionally sick.

So we both spend the evening going to the beach.

But what a shame that the pressure is so great on meeting attandance.

I also remember first married and feeling guilty that me and my new wife were on a vaction.

It's sickining.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Watchtower rule: Beach will not help you. After meeting & service you WILL BE HEALED!

• Confucious
    Confucious

Da.

You are right... What was I thinking~~!!

• shamus
    shamus

They haven't changed one bit. Nobody expected it.

• Golf
    Golf

Balsam you saying, 'how very sad' was well put. Enjoyed your comments as you hit the nail on the head. May you have many happy days with your children.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit